cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACDOCA 23 digits for currencies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have observed that the length for currency fields (FI/CO/MM/SD or any other module) is 23 in universal Journal ACDOCA .The examples are KSL,VSL,HSL,TSL,OSL,CO_OSL etc.

However,BSEG has a limit of 13 digits with 2 decimal places for currencies (DMBTR,WRBTR,KZBTR,PSWBT) which implies that even if ACDOCA has a limit of 23 ,values will be restricted based on the limit set in BSEG table .We have also tested in our system that values for more than 13 digits do not get stored in BSEG and the same value gets stored in ACDOCA.

Can anybody suggest for the limit set for all the currency fields in ACDOCA ? or Is there any scenario where 23 digits in ACDOCA would benefit postings from any module ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sonal,

The field length is for future possibly and currently BSEG details will be used and referred.

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishab.

I'm not sure about future, because MATDOC-DMBTR still has 13 symbols.

I can share my thoughts:

1. acdoca very similar with faglflexa, and faglflexa-hsl also 23 symbols.

2. I remember oss message from customer with old system - before 6.0, and they had balance of account greate then 13 symbols, and it was an issue for GLT0 table. So I assume that 23 symbols very useful for this, especially for balance accounts.

3. acdoca and faglflexa could use splitting, and amount could change extrimly in splitted docs in contrast with bseg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aleksey,

You reply makes a lot of sense, My understanding was that BSEG might move away from being the item table and use ACDOCA for all purpose.

Thanks for your reply,

Regards

Rishab

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rishab

That was also the direction in one of the partner reviews some time back on S/4 HANA Finance and one of the participants asked when SAP will remove the 999 restriction. Till BSEG is being used, this will not be removed, but it might be a roadmap to have BSEG removed since we already have ACDOCA.

regards

Sanil Bhandari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the same as was in faglflexa