cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori My Inbox - Task Type discrepency...

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just a quick observation while implementing Inbox 1.0 SP6 (fully patched) that I've noticed that when you group by Task Type, you get nice grouping as follows:

But when you go to Filter by Task Type, you get the more technical description:

Is this expected, or a bug?  Obviously if it showed "Leave Request" instead of "Approval Process (WebDynpro ABAP)", I'd have less work to do to fix this (I'd prefer not rename everything in the existing Workflows or implement the BADI to do this change).

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just to follow up on this, I can get around this issue as it's actually the step name which is used as the Task Type when you filter by task type but for the grouping, it uses the task type definition as per the Maintain Task Names.

Is this a bug? Probably since "Maintain task Names and Decision Options" should apply to Task Type throughout My Inbox; but at least I can just change the step name to fix this in my case (worst case scenario).

Would be interested in opinion on this since he seems to be the My Inbox champion of SCN (if he doesn't mind).

Cheers,

Matt

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Can you share a screenshot of SAPGUI transaction SBWP?

Inbox -> Workflow -> Group by Task.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah - That's even worse behaviour :

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Is this correct understanding?

Current behavior: Step name is taken.

Expected behavior: "Maintain task Names and Decision Options" name should be taken and if it is not maintained, step name should be taken.

Other customer feedback was that group by task type is technical grouping and it is not used often. End users need more higher level of grouping like by Business Object (like PO, FI document) or by workflow template level.

Finally they implemented separate tiles on launchpad by scenario ID because end users can see number of workitems by scenario (by group) on launchpad.

Regards,

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Your understanding is correct but let me clarify further as it's purely a semantic issue potentially.  "task type" within group by is different to "task type" within filter and multiple selection. In the world of Fiori, the one label shouldn't be used for 2 different pieces of data.

Note - A single inbox is usually what people want in Australia (maybe from a CIO perspective only???) so might be a country preference (e.g. This is the requirement at multiple companies I've come across) - and why My Inbox is such a good architecture.

Cheers,

Matt

ps. If people could save their group by preferences, I think it would probably get better adoption.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Now I got your point. Your question was about difference between "multi selection(TASK TYPE)" and "Filter by TASK TYPE", right?

Here is a result in My Inbox 2.0.

Multi Select:                                              Filter by:

Please check your My Inbox 1.0 version.

2265034 - My Inbox 1.0 Patch (1.6.16)

Regards,

MattHarding
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa - Seems it has been fixed which is good to know.

And since we're fully patched on the Hub (applied all the relevant notes this week), it must be a back-end workflow issue where the Gateway backend installation is not on the latest and greatest (although all notes from the Task Inbox notes have been applied).  I will raise this issue with Service Marketplace to get the fix backported.

Cheers,

Matt

Answers (0)