cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an SFC produced in ME become a Time Sensitive Material (TSM)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

When producing a product (SFC) within SAP ME, after it has completed the routing and is "Done", can it become a Time Sensitive Material (TSM)?

I am looking for products that are essentially a sub-assemblies to have both a Shelf Life and Floor Life that are manufactured within SAP ME and wondering if SAP ME currently supports this process?

Example:

Material A (sub-assembly) goes through a mixing process route within SAP ME and once completed has a Floor Life for 4 days.

Material B (main assembly) goes through the assembly process and consumes Material A, but only if it has not expired.

If so, any help on the setup for this would be appreciated!

Thank you for the help and feedback,
Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Per the design, TSM materials can be of "Purchased" or "Purchased/Manufactured" types only, but not of "Manufactured" type. Thus I doubt you can produce TSM SFC for further consumption, though I have not tried.

You can easily test this for "Purchased/Manufactured" type. If a done SFC of such material can be processed as TSM at the assembly into the parent SFC, then you are lucky and my theory is wrong.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy and Stuart,

As I was not sure if this was a feature added to SAP ME yet I figured I would ask here in the forum.

As a test, per Sergiy's recommendation, I did create a Material that is "Manufactured/Purchased" with a TSM set for 1 month, however after running it through the route and attempting to complete the last Operation I did get an error:

"EXPIRATION_DATE is missing (Message 12001)"

Not sure if this could be something that could be configured to be filled in somewhere or not? Any further thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Mike

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this confirms my theory of TSM setup being applicable to purchased units (Inventory IDs created for Purchased or Purchased/Manufactured materials) only. And in fact this error is what Stuart talked about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I was hoping for a different answer. Oh well.

Do you have any insight if this is in the roadmap for future versions of SAP ME?

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Mike

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but I have not heard about it in ME 15.1 plans. You can ask SAP ME Consulting team to clarify this with Product Management team.

Regards,

Sergiy

stuarta1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike

This is not currently possible. Even if you mark the material as "Manufactured/Purchased", you can only use the TSM feature if it's purchased (therefore an Inventory ID). Creating an SFC with this material will just create an error when you try to take it to a Done state, as the shelf and floor life are missing from the inventory record. This has been discussed many times with SAP product management however, so there may be changes planned to this functionality.

Stuart