cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - fire an action and select row on List Tile View click

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a list tile view on a detail screen and I need to be able to fire an action when the user clicks on a row of the list tile, and I also want the 'clicked-on' row to be selected.  I see the 'Allow single-click action' setting on the list tile's Settings tab does permit an action to be fired, however if you use this option it prohibits the row from being selected after the click.  Is there a way to accomplish both the action being fired and the row being selected?

Thanks

Tim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

You can use following approach to get your row being selected:

1. Add a z field in Main object. This z field will hold the key value of the object that being selected in the list tile view.

2. In action, fire a transaction that will update z field(in Main object)'s value to key value of the object in the row selected.

3. In the end of transaction, call List Selection action step to select the row based on the z field's value.

Regards,

Sahil Dudeja

former_member231132
Participant
0 Kudos

Sahil,

I was able to get your suggestion to work, however my only problem is that the row in the List Tile View that was clicked does not show any highlighting or visual cue that it was selected.  This is probably because when you use the List Tile's  'Allow single-click action' setting you can't specify a screen set to be used for the selected row, and therefore you can't specify a style to  use for the selected row.  Have you worked around this problem?

Thanks!

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

If your requirement is to indicate whether any particular row was clicked by user, this would require customization. You can add any image (for example, a star image) in the the Row & Selected screenset to indicate that whether any particular row was clicked or not. You would require a flag to be set in the object of the collection which is being displayed in the List Tile View. If flag is set, you can show this image which would indicate that this row was clicked.

Regards,

Sahil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sudhiranjan_lenka
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I don't think Agentry supports this behaviour but you can achieve this with the following process and it will be more user friendly as the standard Agentry products follow the same.

We can have a Tool Bar button which can be triggered once you select the item in the list.

I agree, user has to do one extra click.

-Sudhir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the list tile view it is one other or the other.   One option you can do is no use a single click action, but instead have a field button on the selected screen set that the user can push to fire the action while in the selected row.