cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd issue....modal pop-up (search help) not displaying?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I stumbled  upon a really weird one this week. One (yes only ONE) of our testers/users is reporting that when they click on "input help" fields which launch a pop-up search window, the "screen goes dark and nothing happens". Watching them remotely, it looks as if the "screen goes dark" is when the main application window is darkened as a modal dialog pop-up overlays it and is highlighted (focused). However, the pop up never displays. I tried to duplicate this and everything works fine for me. I even tried turning on/off the built in pop-up blocker and that had no effect. This just started happening to them as well because they never hit this before and had been running these applications a lot. I checked for an OSS notes and found nothing. Has anyone come across this before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189162
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Chris,

Do you know if the tester is using IE? If so, check if Compatibility View is set.

Also, does F12 show any specific javascript errors?

This sounds very familiar, like we have seen this before, so I will go back through my old emails to see if I can find anything.

Thanks!

-Kevin

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checked browsers and settings right off. Nada. Thanks. Any help is most appreciated.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Found it! User has the "Enterprise Mode" (compatibility) switched off. Turned it on and all is well again. Talking to the Windows admin team to set it up centrally to always be on for certain sites/domains we need via "local group policy" editor. Thanks for the tips!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member469314
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you tried deleting the user personalization for the application for this specific user?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is no personalization set.