cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IUUC_REPL_CONTENT, Table Settings, Partition Command changes drops table

RVALENTIN1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I came across a SAP LT issue recently that I would like to share since it currently has a bad side effect. I am working with SAP Support to get it fixed.

We have HANA table partitioning configured in SAP LT instead of HANA directly. This was done to save time when replicating SAP ECC 6.0 data to HANA since getting the table loaded and partitioned occurs in one step.  This is especially helpful when performing SAP test system refreshes which we do 2 - 4 times a year and partitioning large tables out of our 3.5 TB source database.

The issue we are encountering is occurring with DMIS 2011_1_731 SP 8 or SP 10 installed in a dedicated SAP LT server. When running transaction IUUC_REPL_CONTENT and using the Table Settings, Partition Command, two things are not working right: 

1. When saving Partition Command modifications, the system drops spaces from the defintion.  This results in errors when saving or worse, it saves but then the table doesn't replicate properly due to syntax issues.
  2. Making changes to the defintion in the Partition Command section on a table that is currently replicating results in that table being dropped from HANA!  This has occurred to us with a SAP LT DMIS SP 10 system replicating to HANA revision 102 and a SAP LT DMIS SP 8 system replicating to HANA revision 96.  In each system, the table was dropped after saving the changes in IUUC_REPL_CONTENT but the LTRC display of replicating tables did not reflect that the destination table no longer existed in HANA.

Lesson learned until a fix is created:  don't change your partitioning configuration in SAP LT unless you plan to also drop and replicate your data from scratch.

Robert

0 Kudos

Hello there,

Is there any fix on this issue ?

We managed to modify the Partition command script, and run it but then after saving it the script is brakes again.

Thx,

RVALENTIN1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I don't remember what the fix was 5 years ago nor do I have access to the SAP support incident that may have detailed the fix. We did install DMIS support packs in April of that year (up to DMIS 2011_1_731 SP8) so the fix may have been support pack or configuration related.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PeterMonaghan
Participant
0 Kudos

Great article! I will take this into consideration!