cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regarding weight-loss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I'm facing a problem regarding 100% weight-loss for a specific batch .

I'm stating the procedure : For any market paddy quality testing happens and same is posted in quality result QA32 session . After that , it's done usage decision to allow for production usage in the same . Then , we do 512 movement to deduct moisture and process loss from stock in ZQM403 session .

Now , my asking why suddenly this 100% weight-loss was happened ?

Attaching , the output and input screen of ZQM403 session .

regards

Patel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for everyone's contribution . the thread is closed - problem is solved .

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that as a good community behavior you should provide the fix you have got by working with ABAP team, so that next time if someone faces similar issues in Z-transaction, then they can look into your inputs for further checking.

Also, as you confirmed that this thread is closed, please pick the right status for the thread as "Assumed Answer" or "Correct Answer" and complete the process.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Munabhai,

As far as I understand the MvT 512 is used to reverse MvT 511 issue, which I am not sure how is being calculated in your custom program. Typically, if I check the data available, it seems moisture is reduced by approx. 3.5%~5% by weight for raw quantity. This case should also had similar weight reduction. As we can't look into the codes written for your program ZQM403, we will not be in a position to help you much here.

It will be appropriate to speak to your ABAP team and get this program debugged for proper clue.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit ,

if you look at the 10000378806 inspection lot ( batch - 2300016138 ) - its , weight 30.320 mt and dry weight - 0.00 . so the weightloss - 30.320 ... that means total weights loss .

It's not happening for all the lots - out of 20-25 inspection lots , it occurs with 2/3 lots . why it's happening only for 2/3 lots ? any specific reason ? ... or the tcode is making problem ?

regards

Patel

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Arjit pointed out, this is a custom program so our help is going to be very limited.  But since this is related to only a few lots compared the many the work, doesn't seem to me to necessarily be a program problem, (but it could be).  I suspect it is related to a master data issue. 

The other possibility is some combination of conditions that results in your program doing something like a divide by one or something that results in an unexpected calculation such as  30.32 * 1 instead of 30.32 * .98.

I'd look to see if any particular material(s) are involved.  Or materials belonging to the same class or inspection plan.

I'd also check what assay or value is being used in the calculation.  Somewhere you must be pulling a value for water or solids to be used in the calculation.  If that value is not right, you might get weird reslts like you're seeing.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig ,

thanks for your input ;

1> - as of your saying - it could be master data issue , then why it made impacts only in 2/3 inspects lots instead of all the lots ?

2>-  " The other possibility is some combination of conditions that results in your program doing something like a divide by one or something that results in an unexpected calculation such as  30.32 * 1 instead of 30.32 * .98.  -- could you explain it , a bit .

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't really notice the material numbers in your screen print. 

So it looks like you are getting in harvested material delivered and the initial weighing goes in as the lot qty.  Each inspection lot is another truck delivery.  You change batch numbers each day.  I'm guessing each of these are manual lots.

At some point a value for dry weight is recorded at some later date.  I'm assuming as a characteristic in the inspection lot??  So was the inspection lot fully  completed?  If the dry weight wasn't recorded, (i.e. the test was forced closed with no result recorded), then your dry weight is zero and your weight loss is the entire quantity of material.  That condition should be trapped for in your report and my guess is that it isn't.

What's IN your inspection lot for these and where does the dry weight come from?

Craig

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Munabhai,

Well, there had been many pointers provided to you already by Craig.

I also believe that there are some Moisture related MIC added to your inspection lot, which is getting calculated inside the transaction ZQM403. It is doing 512 movement to return the moisture part (without any reference or cost center), in order to get only the dry weight for your truck load of paddy. You should check the results recorded for the concerned inspection lot and validate if there are any MIC (related to dry weight) haven't been result recorded or forced closed. As we do not know what all logic are written in your custom transaction doing these calculations, what all dependencies are considered, so we can only speculate the probable reasons and not the actual fact for this issue.

As you said most of the cases are working fine, and you are able to get reduced weight for paddy correctly, so there may not be major bug in the custom program you are using. But you never know unless you replicate the same scenario in quality system and get it debugged with your ABAP team. You can't really avoid doing your bit of checking with your SAP support team for the correct inputs here.

Thanks,

Arijit