cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy for huge clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Might be so many other members requested for same data for their environment, I have not found my answer yet from previous discussions.

In One our development system we want to add a new client from the copy of production client. If the entire system is to be replaced system refresh/copy is the best ever option. but doesn't want to disturb the existing client on development system. So we have decided to go for client export and import, but the client size is huge. Please find the details of the production server  and advise me from your previous experience on client copy.

Client Size: Approx 750GB, total database size is 850

windows 2012 server with 64 GB RAM.

Please advise how much time it is going to take export of this client and How Much free space is required for it at OS level.

I have been threw most of  the notes available in service market place. but posting it in forms thinking some ones input from previous experience is more valuable than the notes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Reddy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reddy,

It is advisable to do a test run before proceeding with the actual run. This will give you a sense of the timeline including issues if any. You can do this via remote client copy.

Also, hope you've gone through below Note:

489690 - CC INFO: Copying large production clients

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your inputs on the query,

yes we have planned for test run over the weekend and i have been through the note as well.

Please let me know, if you have similar scenario earlier.

Regards,

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Reddy,

I haven't done a client copy for such a huge client before but that would be the right approach.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Anita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damodar.

Please take a look at this:

Client Copy Process | SCN

The awnser from Rakesh Singh Chauhan has all the info you need.

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo Dias Ferreira,

Thanks for swift response on the query.

I have been thorough the post already. Still I have posted on the blog just to check. if anybody have done the client copy with similar environment. so i can get the inputs from them. As the client insisting us not to take much downtime for production. 

Here the client copy is triggered once there is nothing much we can do it to speed up. Hence i am looking for previous experience on the same.

Regards,

Reddy