cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"JSONArray[1] not a string" error while downloading datasets from BW

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are trying to download some BW Datasets, but for some queries, after we inform the values in the selection variables, we receive na error with the message "JSONArray[1] not a string", then there are no measures or dimensions available for selection. We are not sure if there is a limitation of rows and columns in the BEX Query (I am not refering to the max number of cells - In the query used for tests we are selecting only one invoice, so the number of

cells wouldn't be a problem) to be used in Lumira. I did tests with two queries. One of them has 21 characteristics/rows and 23 columns, this one returns the error mentioned. The other one has 20 characteristics/rows and 4 columns, and this one works fine.

I also attached the trace log file.

SAP Lumira version 1.29.3

SAP BW 7.40 SP12

Can you help me, please?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Leonardo Frossati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I found the problem, and I would like to share it. When you have a selection variable in the bex query defined as interval, let's say calendar month (starting month and ending month), and you inform only the first value (starting month), it will raise the error JSONArray. If you inform the same value for the

starting month and ending month, then it works. This happens even if the variable is defined as optional.

As a suggestion, SAP could raise another error message asking the user to

inform the starting and ending values in this case, or accept a single value for the interval (since we can do it in the bex query designer).

Best regards,

Leonardo Frossati

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Leonardo:

Please check this SAP Note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1869560/E - 1869560 to see if Lumira covers what your BEx query has

Tammy

0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

Yes, I already took a look on this Matrix and I couldn't find something that explains the problem. The queries are very simple, we are not using formulas, conditions, exceptions, etc... so I really don't have a clue about what's happening.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Leonardo

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Leonardo - I recommend opening an incident with SAP Support

0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

Ok, I already did (incident 0000182259/2016).

Thank you

Best regards,

Leonardo