cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-step picking not possible for bin-to-bin transfer

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Just wanted to confirm that it appears that 2-step picking is not possible for bin to bin transfers (mov type 999) given that 2-step picking is enabled for TR's, and 999 internal transfers don't generate any TRs.

What I'm trying to achieve: Departmental user creates TO requesting material brought to him (LT09). I want material handler to pick from warehouse and do his confirmation, and I want department user to receive item and do his confirmation -- both confirmation steps should be on the RF gun.

I would use 2-step confirmation, but the problem is that there is no RF enablement of the second confirmation step. Once the material handler does the first step confirmation, LM02 doesn't support the second step confirmation.

Not sure where to go from here. Perhaps look into enhancing LM02, or can 2-step picking somehow be made to work?

Vlad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vlad,

First of all let me tell you, you cant make 2-step picking work in your described scenario as it is possible only for group of TRs and deliveries and not for bin to bin transfer.

Well, you can use 2-step confirmation, and I have used it in normal WM but not in RF atmosphere. I dont know what challenge you are facing in 2nd step of confirmation after pick step.

Regards,

Pritt

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/c6/f842674afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/content.htm?frameset=/...Hi

Hi

This should be possible via the standard 2 step picking process. Unfortunately, I cannot set it up to test but have used this process at a previous clients site for bin replenishment.

You will need to set up the required configuration to support this and change the Business process also.

Have a look at this as it might help.

Cheers

A

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Just want to add that the department users are doing LT09 multiple times and generating a pick list of sorts. So ideally the material handler would process the complete wave of picks first, load his cart, and then bring items to the recipient. Items remain in WM inventory at all times.