cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why to change routing of ERP order

0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I transfer an ERP order to ME, I always have to change the routing from the ERP routing number to the ME routing number to get the right operations.

System rule is set up that BOM and routing updates are irgnored.

(Ignore BOM Update: true

Ignore Routing Update: true)

BOM is working fine but always routing is changed automatically.

Material Master is mantained with the relevant ME routing.

Where can I change system behavior that I can release the SFC immediately without changing the routing of the ME order?

Many thanks and regards

Volker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

"Ignore BOM/Routing Update" rules are to control order update only but not the first import of the order from ERP to ME.

So, if it is just the first import of an order, the system creates this order with the routing specified in the IDoc.

Do you send the IDoc with the needed routing inside?

Is this the first import or an update of the existing ERP order in ME?

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

I send the order initially after it is released in ERP with the ERP routing number (ERP routing group and counter, e.g. 50000015-1).

I would assume that this is a typical process:

You do have different routings in ERP and ME.

So my assumption is that ME gets the routing according to the Idoc content (which can only be the ERP routing for standard SAPMEINT). If I enter a ME routing in the ME material master, shop order is created with this ME routing. What else is this field in the Material Mainenance screen build for?

That's what I read out of the online help.

Am I wrong?

Thanks and Regards

Volker

0 Kudos

Volker,

Do you mean that you imported a material from ERP to ME, then assigned ME routing to that material and now you want the routing to be used instead of ERP routing sent within LOIPRO IDoc?

If so, then you might need to change the XSLT of Production Order Import in SAPMEINT not to pass ERP routing to Web service request. Then it is possible that empty routing in the order will make the system to use the routing from Material Maintenance. However, this is not a standard scenario - so it might fail at some validation points which is hard to predict but much easier to test.

Regards,

Sergiy

0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

You are right. I imported the material from ERP and changed the ME routing to this material. And yes, I want to use this ME routing instead of the ERP routing.

I think your proposal with the change of the XSLT is right, if you always want to do this.

But what happens if you want to have it different for other materials (first one is using ME routing, second is using the ERP routing)?

My understanding is that the ME routing is used when ever I enter it into the field in material maintenance. Even if the ERP routing is not empty.

But I can't say if there are other functions behind this routing field in material maintenance that struggle with this logic.

Regards

Volker

0 Kudos

For order release, Planned Routing field in Shop Order Maintenance should override the value in Material Maintenance.