cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBI Defaulted Fields and Validations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts, I have created a custom validation routine for the TRQ.  In this validation I perform a read and validate the values coming from:

IT_ROOT. io_read->retrieve(      

EXPORTING      iv_node =  /scmtms/if_trq_c=>sc_node-root                                                                    

it_key  =  it_key      IMPORTING        et_data = lt_root      ).

This process works fine when entering values into my custom field.  However, this is a requirement to default the values on the screen.  To perform this action some custom code has been added to /SCMTMS/CL_UI_VIEWEXIT_TRQ-ROOT_ADAPT_DATA.  The values show on the screen as expected.  However, the validation routine does not pickup defaulted values.  There must be something done to push the UI defaulting to the BOPF model.  Can anyone provide some guidance on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I solved this one.  While the defaulting of the data in the VIEWEXIT /SCMTMS/CL_UI_VIEWEXIT_TRQ-ROOT_ADAPT_DATA works for the screen, it's not the best place to add this.  So I removed that....

I added a BOPF custom determination for defaulting the data.  This sets the screen correctly with the default values and works for the validation. 

Answers (0)