cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My inbox no pending tasks in app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I just configured My Inbox and in Launch-page I see that there is 1 task, after opening the App - No tasks are displayed:

in backend - inbox has 4 items.

What is the issue here?

Thanks!

Diana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you open the app by clicking the tile, do you see any error message(s) on the screen or in the browser console? Also have you assigned the correct system alias (having software version /IWPGW/BWF and having the For Local App flag set) to the TASKPROCESSING (v2) OData service?

You could also check SAP Note 2106212 - Release Information Note for SAP Fiori My Inbox

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

No there are no error messages in the console or in error_log. I found a little issue with RFC, that it was not checked for "Current user" in the frontend and now I get same item count in the tile as in the back-end inbox:

But the app itself still is empty with no tasks. I applied all notes in the Gateway respective to our components, still the same result. Also trace shows no errors.

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Can you post screen shots of the My Inbox tile's properties and target mapping?

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

sorry for the late answer. Is this what you mean?

Thanks,

Diana

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Can you set an external breakpoint in the TASKPROCESSING service and debug the service - you may find the root cause for this.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I'm not sure which method i have to choose for debugging? This post doesn't quite explain which method should be chosen in which situations.

from network tab I see that last called url is:

/sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;mo;v=2/$metadata?sap-client=200&sap-language=EN

the answer in gw_client was 200.

And in se80 I got confused which exactly method I have to choose?

Any advice?

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

By any chance do you see any errors in the /IWFND/ERROR_LOG transaction?

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No error_log is empty.

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

Have you tried SAP Note 225679 yet? This gives you a diagnosis sequence to follow to sort out what the problem is.

2256769 - SAP Fiori APP My Inbox does not show any item

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

I don't see an URL with the structure like mentioned in the Note:

http://host:port/sap/opu/odata/IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING;v=2;mo/TaskCollection/$count/?$filter=Status%20e...

Thanks,

Diana

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Diana

That shows the OData Service URL you can test in transaction /IWFND/GW_CLIENT to see what is being returned.  If you remove the /$count you should see the tasks being returned themselves or at least some reason why.

Frankly at this point it's clear something pretty basic is wrong.  Could be missing authorizations, could be backend system connection, could be something else going on. 

I'd suggest you raise a SAP Message to support and get some help in looking at it.

Don't forget to tell them what notes you've already looked at .

Rgds,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jocelyn,

I guess you were right, because as it did get me nowhere with looking for cause - I just re-implemented and performed all the steps to configure My inbox and now it works. Thank you.

Diana

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Glad its fixed.  All's well that ends

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Diana,

What is the version of your IW_PGW component and the version of your my inbox. Ensure you have the latest version of inbox to avoid such errors. 1.6.16 is the latest version in My Inbox v1.0

You can also check the latest version of My inbox 2.0

2240524 - Release My Inbox 2.0 SP01

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

I'm on

IW_PGW1000008SAPK-10008INIWPGWProcess Gateway

all indicated notes have been applied to Gateway

I have updated to 1.6.16, and the issue is still persistent.

We haven't prerequisites for Inbox 2.0.

Thanks, Diana

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check whether the workflow Task filters are disabled or not? This should be disabled to get entries in Fiori, though SAP inbox shows pending work flow items.

Check the folder SAP Netweaver ->Gateway service enablement->content->workflow settings.

The enable task filter should be deactive. Also, check workflow filter settings.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Filter is deactivate in the backend system.

workflow filter setting I should check how?

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check as below, to ensure there are no filters / exclusions. If you haven't used this earlier, it's better to debug and check

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Prem

this is the screenshot, so I guess they areas they should be, huh?

Thank you,

Diana