Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web IDE Fiori project in HANA studio

former_member189009
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

In Open SAP course: Build Your Own SAP Fiori App in the Cloud   the coures show that we can create a fiori app with template easily though Web IDE. But I have some confuse question about the Fiori app in WEB IDE and HANA studio.

1. Can we create fiori app with template easily just like WEB IDE in HANA studio ?

2. Can we export the fiori app in WEB IDE, then import the project file into HANA sutdio to use this fiori app ?

3. we know WEB IDE can access the trial, but how do we add our back-end system just like HANA studio to develop our fiori app ?

4. if we can not create the template just like WEB IDE, so we have to create UI5 application, then we create the component.js  route.js app.view.js  app.controller.js  and many other files needed to build a fiori app all by ourselves. Is there any demo to show how to do this ?

5. how to develop the fiori launchpad to blinding our app ?

Thank you for your sincerely answer!

zhang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SergioG_TX
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zongjie,

you may be able to create your Fiori app on the web IDE and then connect your HANA studio to your cloud instance to make changes from HANA studio. check out the documentation on how to use the HANA Cloud connector. basically you will need your hcp trial account and you will need to install a plug in so your HANA studio can communicate to your HCP trial account. if you make changes on either side, they will be reflected on the other.

depending on where you create your application and where the app is located, you may access it for example, if you have an xsodata service in your application then you will need to access it with the correct relative path from your fiori app to your backend service. keep in mind the relative path is relative to your index.html page (entry point of your app)

an alternative could be to use the build and splash tools which are still in beta but they will allow you to create a Fiori UI with drag and drop controls - it is very easy to use and you can also import it to your Web IDE.

hope this helps and good luck!

former_member189009
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

your answer is very helpful, thanks you!

former_member189009
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

One more question, we have gateway system to connect the ERP-ECC system, so I think we  develop the odata server and fiori app in gateway ,model in ecc, so one way is I use the web IDE to connect gateway system then to develop my fiori ui (by the way if I want to use web IDE to connect my gateway system I have to install the HANA could connector ?) or I can develop my fiori ui just in my gateway system use hana studio ?

Thanks for you help!

Answers (0)