cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fallback Processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My Requirement is that in customs Declaration when I Execute M message and IDOC gets failed because of Communication issues then in that case I want to trigger a Email Message type automatically. we can use Fall back procedure but is there any way we can automate the email process.

Regards

Ravindra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to control it using PPF action but want to know if there is any way we can trigger Message for Email in case of IDOC failure.

Thanks

thomasrausch
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

I see no way to trigger this process by an message. The only way I see ist the way I have described develop a program (read tables EDÌDC, EDIDS and EDID4) define a cyclic job and distribution list an mail the information to the members of the distribution list.

Sorry, that I can not be more helpful.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for you inputs.

Regards

thomasrausch
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

do you mean errors like:

04 Error within control information of EDI subsystem

05 Error During Translation

Ok, first use the TC SBWP SAP Business Workplace to create a Distribution List

Search Folder and create a new one if nothing is found

On the tab Distr.list content you define the e mail addresses

Then create an program or a Query and read the table EDIDC to get the Idoc infomrations and the read the tables EDIDS to get the error infomations.

Use TC SM36 to create a job with

Here you can use the Distr.List when you press the Spoll list recipient botton

Then define the schedule

Pick up other period if you like and choose  the right one Use TC SM37 to look up what you have done.

With TC SOST you can see the produced email

Here you can start the send proc. If you want to do it automatically  you must do the same (planning a Job) for the program RSCONN01 with Address Type = INT and an period may be 15 min

Hope it is not to much confusing.

Regards

Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the Reply. I am looking for a way to achieve this using PPF configuration. is there any SAP Note ? Adding some more points to my question. In case of IDOC Failure I have to send the Customs Declaration as PDF using Email Message.

Regards

Ravi

thomasrausch
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

the IDOC failure will be communicated between your mapping system and the GTS. I know no way to maintain it with the  PPF configuration. And I can hardly imagine the way how the PPF configuration can be linked to the status messages of the IDOCS.

Sorry

Regards,

Thomas