Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webgui - unwanted msg screens during save of local file

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our users access a report transaction via the webgui. They like to save the report results to a local file. To do so, they click a button that does the same thing as System-List-Save-Local file. During the save process, each time the webgui has to interact with the local PC, a screen appears with the message:

"<i>To leave this page click the green OK button. It had to be included for technical reasons.</i>"

The user must then click an OK button to continue. Obviously, this is an annoyance to our users.

<b>Does anyone know how to avoid these screens? </b>

One developer mentioned to me that he saw these screens before, but that they disappearing during testing (but of course, no one investigated it at the time). Thus, I'm hoping there is a way to get around the screens.

Also, I noticed that the first couple times the screen appears SAP is looking for a default upload/download path (parameters GR8 and GR9). Adding GR8 and GR9 is a way to avoid first couple screens, but a screen still appears when SAP checks to see if the file entered already exists.

6.20, 37

Thanks,

BMV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using NW2004s and this Java applet, but sometimes the local file is not exported and results in a message saying "I/O error"... Has anyone gone through this before ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that is not possible to save local file from ITS-WebGui. I suppose that the reason of your message consists in this problem.

Gianluca

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

In the past, that was true. But we have been successfully saving report type outputs to local files for a few months now.

I'm hoping SAP is working on a solution to the "for technical reasons" screens.

BMV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian,

today I have to install patch level 17 for ITS 620: the system save correctly the local file from a traditional list output. But when in the first time I have execute download file, the system ask me to install a SAP AG software compoment from internet.

I think that without this sap component the system doesn't wotk.

Gianluca

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simeone,

webgui uses a Java applet to access local resources of the users PC like the file system. The first time you do a download the applet is being downloaded and installed. Before installation users are asked if they trust the applet.

Best regards.

Klaus