cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP screen personas 3.0 read only table field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP screen personas 3.0 you can easily make input fields read only but I can’t find a way to make table columns read only.

For example me52n I’ve got a request to allow one group of users the ability to edit some fields but not all fields. I can make everything in the red box “read only” but that does not help as they can still edit the information in the table above (blue box).  I can “hide” the columns that they should not be able to edit but this is not an ideal solution as they still need to be able to view it.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Well, while it is indeed not possible to make the column read only via a property setting, there is a way... although it is a little bit of a hack.

You could place a transparent image stretched over the column which will prevent the user from changing the values. If you need this to be dynamic (so certain users should be able to edit the value while others not), then you can hide or show the image via scripting since the image has a method for both.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Solution works, much better than anything else I’ve tried so thank you very much but like you said it’s not the cleanest of fixes especially when some users need to be able to edit some fields and not others within the same ALV grid. Hopefully in a future release SAP will add this functionality.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Exactly the situation you described can actually be covered just as well with this method like with another where you'd have a dedicated hide/unhide property for the column. There is really no difference between setting that in your script or hiding/unhiding the image, if you want to have dynamic changes.

You can have multiple such images for each column you want to make display only. A single small transparent image is all you need as a resource.

No question though that having a deddicated property is a cleaner way.

0 Kudos

Hello Both,

I am also having similar type of requirement. But unable to get the Transparent image. Can you provide me one.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello , I am also having similar requirement. But i am unable to get any Transparent image. Can you provide on Image like that.

Thanks

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Use Google to find a suitable .jpg file...

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

For the time being this feature is not available.

I just tested using GUIT t-code with table control. I was unable to set a column to read-only.

Kind regards,

Cris

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

Could you please clarify about the Personas support package level you have in your system?

Have you also implemented the latest client note?

And about the kernel version/patch level used?

I also would like to invite you to visit the Personas space, where you probably will have fast answers for Personas-related issues.

Thanks,

Cris