Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Governance Two client Approach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a Scenario for MDG 2 client Approach,

Scenario 1. Currently Client are using MDG 7.0 version of Oracle Data base.

Scenario 2 : Now my client would upgrade with MDG 8.0 with S/4HANA of Central finance(Simple Finance).

My question is....

1. If use the same client approach (Existing MDG 7.0) for upgrade from Oracle DB to S/4HANA with MDG 8.0, then what is the Pros and Cons.

2. If Client will go with New Client Approach (MDG 8.0 - S/4HANA), then we will review the Landscape design of AS-IS and TO-BE. Then what is the pros and Cons.

Please provide the best practice on Landscape design as well as..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

A.Madhu Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

You have currenlty co-deployed MDG on ECC and the final situation should also be a co-deployed MDG?

I would always go for the upgrade. Besides that you have to handle all requests (no open request all should be activated of deleted). The upgrade is just very straight forward. During upgrade you get automaticcaly a list of possible upgrade issues (SPAU, SPDD, SPAU_ENH)

If you start with a fresh MDG 8 system, then you have do much more work.. You have either reimport all the customizing and workbench request. If possible due to version difference, maybe table definitions have been changed. Or you have to manually redo everything.

Unless you want to make a fresh start, because MDG 7 has a lot of custom developments.

At least consider note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2143725/E

There is also a reference to notes about MDG in combination with Simple Finance.

Cheers,

Henk.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Henk

The main reason for suggesting hub is -

1. Integration with other systems - BPC / CRM / Ariba. I am not sure how simple finance is linked to BPC with all the new database structures. Its better to link MDG-BPC and it will be easy too.

2. Upgrade to MDG or patch level upgrade - no need to disturb the ECC or other systems.

3. In future if you add more systems to your landscape, its always better to use hub approach.

If you are implementing MDG-F then hub option is always best. If its only BP and MM, then co-deployment can be better option.

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael Theis,

Could you please help me on the Landscape design?

Regards,

A.Madhu kumar

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu

You can first start with Technical upgrade where move all your Transports from MDG 7 to MDG 8. You may find various issues related to UI but you will get OSS note for most of your issues.

Once the Technical upgrade is over then test all the scenarios in MDG 8 with the same old MDG 7 roles. Once the system is ready then you can plan for functional upgrade.

Its always better to use hub approach as it has lot of advantages. You can go through the link suggested by Henk.

Kiran

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I would advise co-deployment, if you have a landscape with a central ECC system That has a lot of advantages: simple landscape, no customizing sync needed, no replication needed (except MDG-F), etc.

This is also currently advised by SAP. See https://uxexplorer.hana.ondemand.com/rest/mimeRepositories/11123/file/Deployment_Recommendations_MDG...page 21.

Off course there can be good reasons to use hub scenario Like multiple ECC systems which are all local, ECC is not up to date or is not on HANA, you have a industry solution which does not support co-deploy MDG (at least not tested by SAP).

But in first instance I would always go for co-deploy.

I'm curious what are you consecrations to advise hub?

Cheers,
Henk.