Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Data Service has not been initiated properly

bhanu_prakash37
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using Information Steward 4.2 SP3.We are facing an issue in viewing the data from SQL server tables that has been added in the Information steward. The Error prompted is "Viewdataservice did not initialize properly. Check the PJS log file for more details".

Could any one have any idea on the Root cause of the Error or any clue to rectify the Issue.

Regards,

BhanuPrakash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

bhanu_prakash37
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Reboot of the system did not help us to resolve this issue.Could you let us know if any other possible solutions for this issue.

Thanks & regards

Bhanu Prakash

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with SAP Support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you upgrade the DS & IS ? did it work before ?

bhanu_prakash37
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

We didn't do upgrade. Yes it worked before. Environment used is Information steward 4.2 SP3.

Regards,

Bhanu Prakash

krishnamohan_corp9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

If possible please try the below steps.

Go to cmc-->servers-->stop the EIM adaptive processing server--> right click -->edit common services-->select data services view data service-->click continue-->set log level as FINER-->Ok-->Restart the server.

check the log of view data service from the below location and check in case if there is any error.

c:\ProgramData\SAP Businessobjects\Data Services\log\viewdataservice

Regards

Krishna Mohan

bhanu_prakash37
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Krishna Mohan, We have followed the above steps. Here below the image with the details in the Error log. Could you please let us know any idea on the error.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume viewing data has worked before, hasn't it?

Have you tried to restart all services? Or simply reboot the machine. That often helps.

bhanu_prakash37
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Dirk,

We will try to reboot server as suggested.Previous we have restarted

Regards,

Bhanu Prakash

bhanu_prakash37
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Instead of restarting the server, we have restarted the SIA node from the Central configuration manager. After post checks the issue still persist. Could you please let us know whether we need to restart the server? Will there be any difference of reboot server and restart the server. Any guess on root cause to proceed with the reboot of server.

Thanks in Advance,

Bhanu Prakash

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry, but I have no idea about the root cause of the error. That's very hard to tell from a distance.

I only know that rebooting the system often helps to get rid of that type of problems. It only takes a couple of minutes and does not do any harm.

mageshwaran_subramanian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.Check if SQL server connection is active

2.Check SIA if all the servers are up and running

3.Post the error log here if 1 and 2 don't work

bhanu_prakash37
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Magesh. Both 1 and 2 are working fine.SQL server Connection is working fine. All the servers in SIA are up and running.Could you please let us know for any other root cause for the error. May I know the path to find the PJS log?

krishnamohan_corp9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Please find the below path for PJS log.

C:\Program files (X86)\SAP Businessobjects\SAP Businessobjects Enterprise XI 4.0\java\pjs

Regards

Krishna Mohan