Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Staging using 281 Network demand

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have active plants that use material staging to production orders (261 movements)

We now have a request to material stage in a new plant but to Network demands (281 movements) and not Production order demands (261 movements)

Is this possible? Or does WM-PP interface only work with 261 demands for production orders?

Thanks in advance

Darren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

To All

An Update

I have managed to configure to use MF60 to move some 281 Network reservation demands for stock from the warehouse linked storage location to a production storage location.

Simple diagram of my test set up below

MF60 works OK and when I process it creates a Posting Notice which I process using LU04

So stock is now in storage location BBBB

I manually pick to the reservation using Plant 5000 and SLoc BBBB, no problem

However, when I go to process the TO I cannot pick from the BBBB stock, I can only pick from AAAA Sloc stock which is not what I want.

So my question is, how can I select the stock in BBBB to pick for.

Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Darren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

Interesting.

You have not mentioned that you have 2 different storage location in initial post, have you created new storage location to manage it via MF60?

You might need to elaborate more on the problem you are facing.

As you explained material is already in sloc BBBB, with the help of TO you created against PCN.

Now, I assume you are trying to consume material against reservation.

What do you mean by below statements

"

I manually pick to the reservation using Plant 5000 and SLoc BBBB, no problem (manually pick means?)

However, when I go to process the TO I cannot pick from the BBBB stock, I can only pick from AAAA Sloc stock which is not what I want.  "

How are you creating TO, manually? does system automatically pick from AAAA?

Check storage location in reservation or material document for which you are creating TO, does it has sloc AAAA or BBBB? Check your search strategies.

BR

Kamlakar

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you please share more detail  for the scenario which you mentioned in the thread

"when I go to process the TO I cannot pick from the BBBB stock, I can only pick from AAAA Sloc stock which is not what I want."

What is the error message you are getting when you are trying to create TO in this scenario

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Kamlakar for your response

Apologies if unclear initially about the 2 SLocs

You are correct, following the MF60 I processed the PCN so now my stock is in BBBB.

To issue to reservation I use MB1A mvt 281 (to reservation) and verify the reservation is in BBBB. (I also checked using CJ20N & SE16 RESB)

So TR created OK so go to LB10 to create TO and on the Prepare for Stock Removal screen it shows Plant 5000 and SLoc AAAA, not BBBB as I wish. It is looking to remove stock from Sloc AAAA.

How can I get it to not consider SLoc AAAA on stock removal?

Am I missing a stock removal setting somewhere?

Darren

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

I am not getting an error message. I can successfully issue the stock to the reservation from AAAA but I have just staged the required stock to the production SLoc BBBB and I want to issue that stock to the reservation.

Does this make sense?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

What is the storage location in TR? It must be AAAA.

Not sure why it is happening, but check WM-IM interface setting if you have set any standard storage location.

Interface...inventory management...Define storage location control .....Control of Assignment "Plant / Stor.Loc. - Whse Number.

We generally specify which storage location to be picked in TO creation if we have multiple storage location in warehouse. TR might have original storage location but TO will pick standard storage location.

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish

I did not get how exactly you setup MF60 here and what kind of movement you get in TR/TO.

Please share what sloc TR shows and with what movement type , also do you have Std loc in WM set .

But my point is ,

why not consider Delivery from projects CNS0 ?

With it , system should create Delivery along with either Immediate TO (WMTA) or Manual TO (LT03).

And then you can confirm TO and do Auto GI at the same time (Adopt Pick qty and do GI) or

do PGI in delivery separately in VL02N.

Please check possibility of delivery setup with PS-SD consultant

Regards,

Ajay

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Sorry for delay

My issue is, I stage material from SLoc AAAA to Production SLoc BBBB using MF60 which is OK.

I then want to issue the stock I have staged to BBBB to a planned 281 mvt reservation. I use t-code MB1A with movement type 281, plant 5000 and SLoc BBBB. The TR is generated OK.

However, when I view TR (LB03) it states the plant of 5000 but the SLoc is blank.

So, now I want to create the TO from the TR so I use LB10 and when I try to process the TO in Foreground the SLoc is showing AAAA. I want to pick the stock from the production SLoc of BBBB. I cannot change the SLoc in the TR in LB10, it's greyed out.

How can I get the Production SLoc on the TR so that I can generate the TO from the stock in BBBB?

I have checked the 281 reservation and it is planned in Plant 5000 and SLoc BBBB (i checked the RESB table to confirm)

Please can you suggest some help

Regards

Darren

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you AJay for suggestion. Unfortunately, SD is not an option at this plant.

The whole plant will be moving towards full production order descrete manufacturing but initially we are testing a few materials as proof of concept.

The company has decided to adopt material staging from a central warehouse which is situated less than 100 yards from production facility.

Therefore, i need to get MF60 working successfully

Thanks you

Darren

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I remember in the control of assignment of plant + storage location there is a setting  for "Storage location not in TR"

Right now not having access of the system Can I request to have a look under node

SPRO---LE--WM---Interface--inventory------Define storage location control

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, you are correct, I looked in the following area:

LE/WM/Interfaces/IM/Define Storage Location Control/Control of Assignment...... and found that the 'Do not copy storage location in TR' was ticked. I have now unticked and tested and all is good, thank you.

Incidentally, this was ticked as a requirement for material staging MF60 configuration that I read on the forum. I will now retest variations to see if this impacts other areas

Many thanks again

Darren

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Material staging in WM is done before actual consumption and with 261 movement type (backflush) system consumed material from staging area.

You have to elaborate more on your requirement, what do you mean by network demand? do you mean you want to consume material in network activity and that you want to stage material?

BR

Kamlakar

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that is my requirement.

I want a Network activity (a 281 movement demand type) to trigger material staging of materials from the central warehouse to a Production storage location. Then issue manually to the 281 reservation number.

What would be the trigger to stage materials? The Network activity release?

Can I use MF60 to stage the materials

I already have MF60 working in a different Plant/Stor Loc and that wotks fine but they are using Production orders at that site which triggers the staging on release of the production order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have never seen such scenario, as far as I know staging is possible with PP-WM interface active and consumption will happen automatically from staging area.

In your case you have to consume material which will create TR and then convert to TO. So, I dont think staging is possible for network

BR

Kamlakar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I never worked with Network orders, but there is a SAP note with an error correction for a old release and this makes me think that you have to use LP10 for staging

312125 - LP156 during WM material staging for network

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Jurgen

I had seen that note when I was previously searching. Agreed' it does reference the term 'Network' however, LP10 requires a production order and I couldnt find a way past that

Thank you

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm beginning to feel that you are correct. All I have read so far is that in order to stage materials from a warehouse to a PSA you have to have production orders and their operations as triggers to initiate staging.

I will keep looking and I am going to try amending the 'requirement type' for movement type 319 (Replenishment for Production) from P - Production supply to W - Network and place some demands and see how that goes.

Many thanks for response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darren,

If there is an IM movement type then you can definitely map WM movement type against that and do required config. for TR and auto TO.

You have to assign the sloc to the Wh and work the WM settings against 281 movement type.

Regards,

Pritt