cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Type Role issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having following requirement from the client.

1. Client is having different Storage types, where he can receive the goods in storage type and does the Put away & Picking.

2. Like this client is having 100 storage types, where he can does the above process

3. But now to automate the process for the GR-Zone, and determining the storage type I'm unable to make the automation for the Maintain Inbound Delivery transaction.

4. If I'm planning to input the values manually, system is not allowing due to the storage type role, because I'm taking storage type role as "Standard", because where I can does the Goods Receipt, Putaway & Picking in the one storage type.

Requesting you the experts to advice on the above issues.

Regards,

Venu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is that, I want to use storage type as GR-Zone as well as Putaway location, but when I'm trying to process the same, system is not allowing to do the GR, due to the storage type role issue.

So is there any solution are advise to resolve this issue ?

Regards,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

Storage Type GR-Zone is used for material staging during goods receipt process.

GR-Zone is intermediate storage type where you keep material for temporary before you putaway in Rack.

Here Rack is your Storage type with role - Standard Storage Type where you putaway your SKU's.

9010(GR-Zone) is you standard storage type with role - D.

Kindly let me know if you have any further query .

BR,

Olet

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

WHY would you want to do something like that? And why would you want to use a warehouse management system to do something like that?

And no, this is not working in any standard way.

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Any update ?.

Regards,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

Your query is not clear .

Please elaborate your requirement in simple manner.

BR,

Olet