cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDMC Analysis Span

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Got a query regarding the span of CDMC analysis.

As I understand, CDMC collects the data in analysis system which is based on ST03. The time span for ST03 is generally 3 months.

Question - Is CDMC a continuous process i.e. does it keep on collecting the data in analysis system post these 3 months? Or it it a one time activity of analyzing ST03 data and perform the clearing analysis?

In the later case of one time activity, the clearing analysis results may not be practical as many programs will run yearly or quarterly.

In short can CDMC collect the data for the duration greater than what is defined in ST03N? If I keep the CDMC jobs for 12 months (not ST03N), will it collect the data for 12 months or only 3 months(assuming ST03N keeps 3 months data)?

Looking for expert insights.

Thanks

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SG_D033660
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

CDMC is based on component ST-PI. When you call transaction CNV_CDMC you see a general part "global settings" were you define the statistic collection that is based on RFC and certain CDMC roles.

First you fetch the statistical data that is available in e.g. ST03 and 2nd there are regular jobs scheduled that update the statistic data in certain CNV* tables regularly with data from ST03, ST02 etc. If you start an analysis immediately you are right - you only get what is found in ST03, ST02 etc. If you wait half a year you get also the delta usage when starting a new CA analysis.

UPL integration is there since SP08 but is not really that much integrated since nearly no object types are taken .

In CCLM you will get the usage for FUNC, METH, CLAS, FUGR, DEVC, TRAN, PROG fetch from UPL cubes. Object type TRAN is still taken from ST03 cube in solman but could be taken soon from the new UPL version directly.

In CDMC you will get the usage e.g for TRAN and PROG from ST03  and when the iterations (several iteration steps done to see what is used by a TRAN or PROG) are done this will result in FUNC, METH... etc that are then marked as used also (only static usage).

Hope it helps a bit.

Best regards,

Sylke