cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCLM Vs CDMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need an advice regarding choice of tools for performing clearing analysis.

We have two options i.e. CDMC and CCLM for performing clearing analysis. I have got couple of questions regarding it.

What is the right tool to go for?

Is it that we use CDMC for SM 7.0 and CCLM for SM 7.1?

Is there any advantage of CCLM over CDMC?

Does CCLM use solution manager to store the analysis data compared to use of analysis system(generally quality) in CDMC?

Appreciate expert comments in advance.

Thanks

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

Its recommended to use CCLM as this will contain the CDMC itself in it and it had other features as well.

Yes CDMC will be used in SM 7.0.

CCLM use the solution manager to  retrieve the data from managed system and analyse the data. This info is stored in solman internal tables.

Thanks

Rishav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Officially SAP recommends to use CCLM for decommissioning. CDMC is now in maintenance period and is not being developed and enhanced with new features anymore.

• In CCLM there is decommissioning cockpit, which helps you easily track the project and shows you what objects are subject to be cleared.
  • In CCLM you have combination of 4 dimensions (Quality, Usage, Similarity, Criticality) which provides you more information to take the decision.
  • Decommissioning cockpit only supports PROGRAMS and TRANSACTIONS.
  • The data is read from managed systems and stored in BW cubes of Solution Manager. For Ad-Hoc reporting data is written to special AGS_CC* tables.
  • I do not mention other features, e.g. option to build your reporting on top.

However there are still some advantages of CDMC over the CCLM I see:

• CDMC statistics is based on ST03N, ST10 and UPL in later SPs. So we have table statistics as well.
  • CDMC tries to keep customer on the safe side and performs so called "Usage analysis", means if the main object marked as used - all underlying objects will be marked as used as well (by default 3 levels down, can be adjusted in settings), no matter if it really was used.

CDMC was created earlier, but you can still use it in 7.1

@Christopher, there will be always different number of objects in CDMC vs.CCLM as CCLM supports more object types, also you need to be very precise with filters you use.

Regards,

Anton

Chris_Tan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Suppose it depends on the version of your solution manager and managed systems.

If you have the latest solution manager and your managed systems are on a level that can support both ATC and UPL, suppose CCLM would be the way to go, as it has the decommissioning cockpit which has it's perks that CDMC doesn't have, such as waiting a defined time for an object to see if its used before deciding on it's decomissioning. If not CDMC would be a better choice as it leverages on ST03N to get the usage data.

In any cases, I have noticed one peculiar thing, CDMC and CCLM ad-hoc reports can seem to report different objects and different amount of custom objects(probably coz I am on SP10, maybe some other experts can enlighten us on this one).

Rishav has answered the other questions i suppose Solman stores everything for the case of CCLM.

Regards,

Chris