cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding New Navigational Attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

We are planning to Add new Navigational attribute in existing Char , Live PA and MPOS.

Here is my understanding about steps  to Add to New Navigational attribute

1- Add new Nav attribute in existing Char.

2- Activate the char.

3- Activate the MPOS to reflect new Navigational attribute in CVC structure .

Please let me know if I have missed any thing  , I believe there wont be any master or transaction data lost during this process .

Regards

SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Below are some additional steps which you can add to your process after adding Navigational attribute -

1. You might need to reactivate your backup cubes, DTP, Transformation etc. based on your planning area as they migt become deactivated

2. You would need to add the new characteristic to your planning book so that you can use them in SDP94

3. Maintain master data for new navigational attribute via RSDMD

4. Run consistency checks for all planning areas/MPOS after all steps.

It would be good idea to test these in QA first to be sure of all steps.

P.S. - We have added new navigational attribute in our system and there was no Time series Data Loss.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alok ,

We will include these suggested steps in our plan.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

My thought of handling the navigational attributes by following the below steps:

1. To add an additional navigational attribute, you don't need to change anything in the planning object structure.

2. Navigational attributes being an independent table attached to the info object can be changed and maintained independent of the  main MPOS.

3. Go to maintain Master Data in RSD1 for the info object and add the new navigational attribute.

4. Once you have maintained the attribute values you just need to reactivate the MPOS (without deactivating it) and you should be able to get the new set of navigational attributes and the values. please try this in your development system or in the sandbox before trying it in production.

Regards;

AravaSantosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After activating the navigation attribute to the Infoobject you have to activate the navigation attribute at the Infocube (representing the planning object structure) as well. Then you have to activate the planning object structure as well.

Try in your test system first! If you get inconsistencies you can try to solve them by using report /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_GEN (please refer note 335528).

Regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You also have to activate the characteristic as navigation attribute at the generated Infocube for your planning object structure. Then you have to activate the planning object structure again.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert ,

Do you mean I need to activate Info object after adding Nav attribute in that .

Regards

SS