Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep the quant number

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using High Rack with FIFO (type L).

However, when we placed the same article into the existing bin with the same article, it merged into one.

The quantity are summed and the original quant was used.

How can I keep it separate such that I am able to know the existing quantity(original quant no.) and the incoming quantity(new quant no.)

By the way, we are not doing batch management.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim/Colin,

Batch management() is the ideal solution to your problem, but as you are not using that, you may use storage unit management where SU is a preliminary credential for identifying quants. In that scenario too, if you store in same SU , your requirement wont be achieved.

regards,

Pritt

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I tested it on using SU to control the different "batch" of article. It does work with it.

It is very common for user to place same stock in the same bin instead of over different bins.

In this instance, using SU will keep it separate.

However, the actual determination of which physical stock to remove will depend on User's decision when picking it out.

Using next empty bin as proposed in the group is an option but not likely to work in our environment as User would like to maximize storage space instead of using up 1 empty bin for each inbound placement.

Thanks for all the support.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about tagging the articles with GR date, then the user has at least optically a help to pick the right one, even you can't differentiate it in SAP.

If you really have the critical  requirement to issue the oldest stock first then you should support this requirement with batch management.

Educating users usually helps a lot too, I am pretty certain they change the dinner plans at home if they see that they have something in the fridge which has to eaten today or has to go to the waste bin tomorrow.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are not using batch management then you have to avoid putting material from different receipts together, which means you have to use the strategy "Empty bin" or as already mentioned storage unit management (also not allowing to put more into an existing SU).