cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve on material issuing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

I would like to enhance our material issuing procedure. What I wanted to do is to allow production to create TO for material request, warehouse personnel to convert TR to TO and then print the picklist. After printed out the pick list and done pick pack, warehouse personnel will proceed to perform Post Goods Issue (PGI). May I know what is the right way to do this? I have a few scenarios for material issuing and would like to know how to incorporate those special scenarios into SAP as well.

1) Issue by FIFO (can SAP auto-sort and issue by FIFO)

2) Material that does not has standard pack (for ex: Batch:123 qty 75469pce, batch:456 qty 87656pce, prod request 100000pce)

3) Material that has 1 batch but few cartons

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

my suggestion is to have a look on the standard SAP link first and if you are having any specific query then please let us know so that we can support

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/2c/cabd53e3acb64ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm?frame...

Scenario 1 is very well covered you need to select the picking strategy as FIFO for the storage type with regard to exceptional scenario 2,3 you need to write your own logic as system is unable to identify what is standard Pack or material that has one batch but few carton