cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EKPO huge data even after having data archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our SAP ECC6 launched on 2013-07 and do data archive regularly.

However, the EKPO table size keeps rising all the time, current table size: 21.25GB, number of records: 20,101,749.

I found there are still plenty of history records, with the SQL statement :

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM SAPPRD.EKPO WHERE AEDAT BETWEEN '20160101' AND '20161231'

I found:

2015, no. of history reco: 9,722,328, 48.37% of the total no. of records.
2014, 4,486,634, 22.32% 2013-07 to 2013-12: 2,201,581, 10.95%
2013-01 to 2013-06: 1,403,960, 6.98%

I would like to know:

1. T-code OLME, 'Purchase order', 'Define Tolerance Limit for Archiving',

2. The Residence Time 1 of all the Purchase Doc Types are : 90.

3. The Residence Time 2 of all the Purchase Doc Types are : 30.
4. Why there are so many history records in EKPO even we do SAP data archive regularly?

Any ideal?

I am expecting your answers.

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you  following  steps for archiving like below. Archiving there will be a external path in OS level to store the archived. This can be bring back as well.

1) preprocesing

2 ) write

3) delete

4) store

during the delete phase until after the archive files have been stored.  The data will only be deleted from the database after the archive files have successfully been moved to the external storage system. may be your system has set to read the data from the storage system and not from the file system. if you worried about the space utilization then you must run re-organization of tables once the archiving is done to release blocked space.

Thanks,

Brindavan M

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding this issue/question, you can also check SAP Note 194385 - "Strong table growth in MM Purchasing" for troubleshooting.

Regards,

Bíborka

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

23 GB is not huge  also that does not sound like a database (oracle or any other) issue but an application issue.

I recommend you to check the data managament guide from SAP it contains information about that table and why it might be growing even when you archive it. Resuming, it might be that the purchase order cannot be archived becase there is an inconsistency, or the "deliverey completed" is set or ...