SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMIGALL DEVICEREL - Remove

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Migration Object DEVICEREL has documentation describing the ability to remove an existing device allocation by entering X in the REMOVE field of the INTERFACE structure.

I have not been able to complete a device allocation deletion so far. Updating an existing value, or prorating a new timeslice have been trivially achieved.

my current scenario is (I've iterated several variations of these data sets)

DEVICEREL-INTERFACE all fields populated, specifically setting the REMOVE = 'X'

DEVICEREL-DEV setting:

• EQUNR
  • EQUNR2
  • BIS
  • ZUART
  • AB
  • ATTRIBUT

(EQUNR = EQUNR2 for this scenario if that is relevant. It is not billing relevant)

ISU_M_DEVICEREL_CHANGE is called & when it reaches "* 3.2.  remove existing relations on device level" is finding the match &

MODIFY old_auto-dev FROM reg72_d_old is performed...

then "* 4. call the change function" is executed with a significant amount of logic I wont go into here.

ultimately we then end up at

*$*$ prepare data for the updatetask

CALL FUNCTION 'ISU_INSTALL_PREPARE_F_U'

where ezug would in theory be ready for insert/update/delete activities... but  ezug_delete is not populated.

subsequently passing no errors all the way back up to ISU_M_DEVICEREL_CHANGE & having  db_update = initial.

Raising message E9 013 "No changes were made"

Does anyone have any insights into what I'm missing? The supplied documentation for removing an existing device allocation is simply "You can remove an existing device allocation by entering X in the REMOVE field of the INTERFACE structure."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Contacted support & was provided note 0002302073

after testing the removal is working as expected.

Message was edited by: Daniel McCollum

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

daniel_mccollum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Contacted support & was provided note 0002302073

after testing the removal is working as expected.

Message was edited by: Daniel McCollum