Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please i need your help on this:

i ve got a cycle to create a transfer requirement for material staging.

i Have already customized to look for the stock in another storage bin at the same storage location, but i need the transfer requirement to ask for the stock in a different storage location.

should be something lile this

Storage location 1000 as a source

to the storage location 4000 (wm managed) where

the stock arrives to a storage bin A to be picked at storage bin B for material staging.

is there a way to automatically get this Transfer requirement releasing the production order??

thanks a lot for your help

Francisco Oyarzo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why can't your system directly look into 4000, why do you need  1000 at all in this process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the storage location 1000 is managed by a different business area.

we're looking a way to let know the storage location 1000 the stock quantity we need at the storage location 4000 automatically or by a list or similar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is KANBAN process, but that is for moving material from WM managed storage location to non-wm managed storage location. There is no other process in WM which will meet up your requirement. You have to consider developing some report which can give you stock data and then create posting change (storage location to storage location) from report, which further can automated to create TO

BR

Kamlakar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A TO is in general used to instruct warehouse people what they are supposed to do. I would not put some financial tricks onto the shoulder of warehouse workers. (e.g. to make them move the goods twice and to confirm multiple TOs) There are certainly other ways to pull this information via an ABAP report.