cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple conditions for same price type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a requirement where we have a contract price which is valid from 01/01/2016 to 12/31/9999 for $2.  Lets say we have a special deal for one week for this sales org/customer/material combination so we need to create a new deal for that validity period.  05/01/2016 to 05/07/2016 for $1.50.

When I try to create a new deal with that discounted price, it is saying that the validity date is overlapping.  If I recall correctly, I thought the system let you create the second condition while making the old condition inactive.  when the week long price expires, then it would make the old price active again.

Can you please advise how I can do this?  when i try copying a deal into a new deal and put in a validity date that is a week long and in between the existing deal, it is giving me the following error : "Error as a result of overlapping validity periods".

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Can you give the condition access sequence. the date must be valid as per the requirement of the access. Billing date / Shipping date / delivery date/ Pricing date. Check that once. The condition must match the requirement of the same.

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for your reply.  I checked the access sequence.. it does not have the dates you are referring to.  only dates that are in access sequence are from and to validity dates.

I am not sure if my question was understood.  Currently out system does not allow overlapping validity dates in the condition records.  We would like to change that and allow for overlapping validity for conditions.  Is this doable? If so, where in the config do I change this - I am not seeing anywhere to allow for overlapping validity dates.  Thank you.

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use report SD_CMDC0 to scan for inconsistencies in condition master records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durga, your understanding is completely correct. System shouldn't prompt an error message at this stage. Suppose i've maintained a condition record for ZABC Condition type i.e. from 01.01.2016 till 31.12.2016 now i've maintained another condition record from 10.10.2016 till 10.10.2016 now system does what if i view condition info for the particular condition type system is showing me 3 records

1. from 01.01.2016 till 09.10.2016

2. from 10.10.2016 till 10.10.2016

3. from 11.10.2016 till 31.12.2106

Please test by creating new condition records and let me know if you still get this issue. Will wait for your feedback. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ineffable,

We tried this scenario and it is giving a following error message.

Is there a config setting to turn off the overlapping issue? or allow pricing conditions to be overlapped?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durga, sorry for late reply. I want you to have a look at OSS Note 94443 - Inconsistencies in condition master data (Termination VK067) as i believe there are some inconsistencies for your condition master. Have a look at clause 1 and 5 for your reference and follow the instructions. Try this and let me know if it works well for you or not? Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ineffable,

I saw the OSS notes which relates to checking for inconsistency report.  I am not sure if my question was understood.. Basically, currently our system does not allow for overlapping of validity dates if we are to add a new condition to an existing condition.  We would like to allow for an overlapping validity conditions in the future.  I did not see anywhere in SPRO where I could make this happen.  Is this even doable? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durga, i might haven't understood the requirement earlier but if you see my very 1st post then i've mentioned the behavior of VK11 in it, see overlapping dialog box is there too but for that system automatically splits the records as per validity dates. Plus the snapshot which you've shared, i'm unable to view it anyways coming back to the point, for sales deal there's no standard solution to it because the system is designed like this but technically you can avoid this dialog box by using solution (refer to below mentioned document).

I believe that this is what you want to achieve, in case you need any help related to development etc feel free to ask. Thanks.

michael_kozlowski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out SAP Help for overlapping validity periodes in pricing. Pay attention especially to Complete Overlapping of Validity Periods Validity Periods - Pricing and Conditions (SD-BF-PR) - SAP Library

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think you can achieve the desired result by implementing condition exclusion. Explore it and revert back.

Thanks,
Ravin