cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecasting sap APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

I am trying to understand what is the difference between : Statistical forecast, basic forecast, confirmed forecast, unconfirmed forecast, final forecast and network final forecast.

Can any one help me please ?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hichem,

It sounds like you are asking about key figures you have found in some Demand Planning book.

Statistical forecast pretty universally means a forecast derived from some sort of forecasting algorithm.  Generally, SAP has all of the standard statistical forecast methods, and you can use any of them to analyze historical data, and from this data produce a mathematical prediction of the future.  In every planning book I have ever seen, the result is called 'statistical forecast'.  This forecast in turn can be used for many purposes.

The other terms are pretty generic, and they mean different things in different companies.  For definitions, if you are lucky, you can find some local documents that explain each of these key figures.  If you are not lucky, then you have a long task ahead of you to determine how each of these key figures were derived.  Start with the Macro books; there is a good chance that some or all of these KFs are a result of Macros.  Another possibility is that they are intended to be 'manually entered' KFs....

Good Luck,

DB49