cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform sampling on Non-Serialized SFC's (Lot)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am looking for some setup information on how to perform sampling on a Non-Serialized SFC (Lot). I believe that it can be done just not sure of the steps.

My example: I have an SFC that contains a quantity of 100. I am looking to sample 10 of those to perform a destructive test, i.e. scrapping at the end of the Sample Route.

I have set up the Main Route, the Sample Route, but need help with regards to the Sample Plan Maintenance. What should the "SFC Group Size" be? If it is 1 wont the entire quantity of 100 be sent to the Sample Route? Are there any other rules or checkboxes that I should be made aware of?

Looking for some clarification on this process, as the "How to" documentation focuses on the standard Searlized SFC's and not the Non-Serialized SFC's.

Appreciate the help and feedback,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

According to the guide you mentioned, you indeed can perform sampling on both serialized and non-serialized SFC numbers. Let me cite some more lines from the guide:

- Non-serialized SFC numbers selected for sampling are split, if only partial quantity is selected for sampling.

- Note: For non-serialized SFC numbers, you must log only NC codes configured with NC data type containing the Def- ect Count data field. You must enter the Defect Count value when logging NC code against non-serialized SFC numbers on the sample routing.

So, in a case a partial qty of a non-serialized SFC number is selected for sampling, the qty will be split from the original SFC when the operator confirms sampling.

And the short answer to your main question: "SFC Group Size" can be set to the value > 1.

Br, Alex.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Great to hear from you!

Yes I do want a partial quantity selected for sampling. For the SFC (TEST1) it has a quantity of 100. I want to Sample 10 out of the 100.

How do I set up the Sample Plan?

I have the Sample Plan attached to the Material and the Operation. However, if "SFC Group Size" is set to 1, then the "Fixed Number" has to be also set to 1. If it is greater then the system complains "Fixed Number must be a positive integer less than or equal to SFC group size".

I set the "SFC Group Size" to a larger number, 10 and keep the "Fixed Number" set to 1. When in the POD pressing the "Sample" button with the Perform Sampling Activity (QM020) on the TEST1 SFC I recieve an error message "No SFC group meets SFC Group Size value".

Same error message occurs if the "SFC Group Size" and "Fixed Number" are set to 1.

Looking for the magic set up to get it working.

As always your help is appreciated,

Mike

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

If you SFC is of qty = 100, Group Size = 100 and Fixed Number = 10, then this SFC should be enough to split qty = 10 for sampling, and no error should be thrown. If you observe a different behavior, it looks like a bug.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

The current SFC has a quantity of 100. I updated the Sample Plan in Sample Plan Maintenance. As you suggested: On the "Details" tab set the "SFC Group Size" to be 100, "Fixed Number" to be 100. Saved.

When in the POD pressing the "Sample" button with the Perform Sampling Activity (QM020) on the SFC I am still recieving the error message "No SFC group meets SFC Group Size value".

If I have set up everything correctly, then I agree with you that this may be a bug.

It has been a while since I submitted one. Can you point me in the correct direction for the submitting a bug process.

Thanks,

Mike

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ox1CK8Bo8 The links are in the additional info to the video.