cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication error SRT: Empty SOAP Message received

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

i am using PI 7.1 dual stack, In my scenario we are using receiver XI adapter channel, we are not using sender adapter as it is on the same stack. and also we are using SSL and MLS Certificate. MLS Certificates Successfully installed in NWA and used in Receiver agreement. we are signing with Our private Key and we are encrypting with customers Public Key. we also done the MLS configuration.

in SXMB_MONI we are getting the following error.

In NWA - Logs and traces, we are getting following error

Message:Failed(javax.management.MBeanPermission,*#**:j2eeType=trace,name=EndToEndCentralMBean,*],isActive,getGuidByName,getTraceLevelByName,getTraceLevelByName,importTrace,isFileExistsLocally,removeTraceFile)java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Regards

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Is this the first time your PI system is trying to establish connectivity with the other PI system?

If yes, I'm just curious why you are going for XI adapter to establish that connection. Since the other system is out of your network, I'd suggest you go for SOAP connection instead. I've done this for various cross company PI-PI connection and it works fine.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee.

The reason why we have opted for XI adapter is that ,the SSL certificate provided by the client has to be inserted in STRUST. Only XI adapter is compatible to support this ,we cant use SOAP adapter with XI protocol.

One more point that I would like to point out is that ,we are able to send the messages successfully to the target PI system only when XPI Inspector is running with rwb option in the start mode.

Regards

Tibin

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tibin

What about using SOAP adapter running on SOAP 1.1 protocol? I can't remember what is available in PI 7.1, but is there NWA key storage where you can import the SSL cert? I know 7.11 has the key storage in NWA but not sure about 7.1.

Regards

Eng Swee

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tibin,

You need not always deploy certificates in STRUST, you can do it in NWA as Eng has suggested. Please deploy it in NWA and use the HTTPs link to connect your other PI server using the SOAP receiver channel.

I feel the other side, in PI system they are using a SOAP sender channel and the SOAP envelope in your message is missing as you are using XI protocol. I think so, this might be the problem.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

You are right .In Target PI system , SOAP sender adapter is used to listen to the messages. Please clarify me if I uploaded SSL in the Key store of NWA. How can  I enable SSL for the receiver SOAP adapter ( XI 3.0) .  Is it I can enable the below highlighted Check box to enable SSL.

Regards

Ravi

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please use a SOAP receiver adapter and not the XI adapter. And in the SOAP receiver channel you directly provide the HTTPs URL and it will go through. Before  doing this, you must have deployed the SSL certificates in the TrustedCAs Keystore view of PI system.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We tested using XPI Inspector. We started rwb in XPI Inspector and then we restarted the failed message in SXMB_MONI, it got processed successfully. When it was still running, we processed new IDOC and it got processed successfully

when we stopped the rwb in XPI Inspector, we could see the IDOCs were failing again with same error.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Can you more specific with the scenario?

Are you using IDOC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

Yes. i am using IDOC.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

There is a slight confusion. Your scenario is IDoc to Proxy? You are triggering the IDoc from R/3 system and you are signing this message and encrypting it? And this message is being sent using Proxy to your destination system?

Do i understand your scenario correctly?

If you are using Proxy at your receiver with WSSE, then the receiver must be capable of verifying and decrypting the message. I do not know who will do it for you at Proxy side.

I also do not understand, why you need to sign and encrypt if you are sending the message to a system within your network.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi is it a Proxy to IDOC?

then why certificates are being used?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Your understanding is correct,

Customer side also using WSSE, validate with our public key and decrypt with customer private key.

Our                                         Customer

ECC - PI            --->        PI -    DB (database)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

In that case ensure proper algorithm is used in the receiver channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please find the scenario and issue in detail.

Business Scenario : IDOC is processed from Client ECC system and is processed through Client PI system to other PI system which is in different  network.

MLS - Sign and Encrypt is used in receiver agreement since we are connecting Client PI to other PI system( not in same network).

Decrypt and Validate is used in other PI system which we are connected to.

We are getting the error 'Communication  error SRT :Empty SOAP message received' for all the messages in SXMB_MONI. Further on analysis using XPI inspector we found that when we start RWB in XPI Inspector the messages are processing successfully and later upon deactivating the same the issue persists.Please help us what might be the reason behind this different behavior .We have cleared the cache also , but does not helped.Kindly help.

Regards,

Tibin

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Check this note  1961440 - PI: SECURITY_APPLY_ERROR 401 Unauthorized

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  inaki.

thank you for your input.

my RFC destination is working file, i think no problem with user credentials.

can you please suggest further.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

What is your scenario?

Is that proxy->Soap.

If yes change the protocol of receiver to HTTP from XI 3.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuraman,

IDOC - XI. We are using XI adapter and we are using HTTP protocol and Message Protocol is XI 3.0

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Are you using WSSE? In your Receiver determination there might be a check-box called as Select Security profile. Please check if you checked that check-box. If you are not using WSSE then, please remove the tick from the check-box.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin.

thank you for your input.

yes i'm using WSSE, and i do enabled it as well.

In your Receiver determination there might be a check-box called as Select Security profile.

i can not see this option in receiver determination.  

can you please suggest further.