cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted key figure issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

When i am trying to restrict a key figure with PLANT an error message is occurring as "The aggregation type FORMULA can not be applied on calculated column <COL NAME> of data type CHAR".I am not able to understand it even after trying so many change to it .Could anyone please help me to sort out this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithin,

Can you please provide some more details?

Like, when are you getting this error, while activating?

at the time of Data Preview?

while defining the RC?

screenshots/table structure.

Also check the attributes and measures defined properly in Semantics.

Shirish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jithin,

Please check the data type of the measure whether you have specified as measure or not.

My guess is u specified measure as attribute at Semantics(The place where u specify output fields in view).

It would be better if you provide the details which was mentioned by Shirish. So, that we can analyse what was the issue.

Regards,

Varaprasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shirish/Varaprasad,

Thanks for the responses.

The requested details has been provided below.

1. I am getting this error when i an checking if everything is okay with the model,which means i cannot activate the model because of the issue.

2. I have declared the measure as measure itself in the semantics.Please refer the screenshot.

Thanks & Regards

Jithin.S.R.Nair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithin,

Your sure that ur are restricting Prod_Completed only right.Might be ur restricting SRI_RES_PROD which is derived using calculated column from existing Attributes .

Please check once.

Regards,

VaraPrasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jithin,

Before restricting the measures based plant. you should check whether there is any formula have made on Plant field.

Moreover the restriction will possible only with attributes.

Regards,

Varaprasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varaprasad ,

Thanks for the response , but in my analytical view I don't have any formula on plant field.If you could suggest me any other possibility that would be helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Jithin.S.R.Nair