cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Type for more than 10 digits in Agentry???

former_member337066
Participant
0 Kudos

Bill Froelich

Konstantin Kulikov

AK K's Profile | SCN

Chandra Ayyagari's Profile | SCN

Stephen Streeter

Leonardo Gomez

Ajitesh Upadhyaya

Volker Saier

Manju Venkatesha

Hello Experts,

We are working on SAP WM 6.2 Meter Management SMP 3.0.

We have to restrict User up to 10 Integral digits while taking current meter reading.

In our case when we enter 10 or more than 10 digits in current Meter Reading Field then it changes value to negative.May be there is some datatype issue. So which datatype will support 10 digits(9999999999).

Thanks & Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashis,

You can use Integral Data type. In integral data type you can mention maximum value as 10 times 9. Please make sure you have declared Integral data type in Object as well as in Transaction. Also do not modify the existing property. create a new one.

Thanks

Ajitesh

former_member337066
Participant
0 Kudos

Bill Froelich

Konstantin Kulikov

AK K's Profile | SCN

Chandra Ayyagari's Profile | SCN

Stephen Streeter

Leonardo Gomez

Ajitesh Upadhyaya

Volker Saier

Manju Venkatesha

Sahil Dudeja

Hello Experts,

I am Using Edit Type=Integral, Minimum Length=1 and Maximum Length=10. But Still it allowing to enter more than 10 digits to User.

As per my understanding maximum length=10 means it should allow only 10 digit. But it is not happening.Is there any bug in this case.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashish Sarode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

I can see you are still using String type in Transaction. Please use Integral type in Transaction as well as in Object.

2. In Maximum length you have passes 9 means user will be able to enter 0 - 9 not more than that. I think your requirement is to allow user to enter uptp 9 digit value right? in that case you have to pass 999999999.

Thanks

Ajitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Change the type of the field CurrentMetReadWat on Screen to -- Default -- and then try. Since CurrentMetReadingWater transaction property is of type String, it will allow the alpha numeric strings of max length 9. In this case, you would require to add validation rule to check if entered string is number. If this is not number, you can show error message to user.

Regards,

Sahil Dudeja

former_member337066
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ajitesh,

I changed type to Integral in transaction as well as in Object. but still allowing to enter more than 9 digits.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

As Ajitesh mentioned, you have to set max value as 999999999. You have specified Max Value as 9. Agentry won't check on length in case of Integral Number, it will only check that entered value should be less than Max value set.

If you have requirement that you don't want user to enter more than 9 digits, then go for String approach and use validation rule. For validation rule, you can use Javascript with regular expression /^\d*$/

Regards,

Sahil Dudeja

Answers (0)