cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon Not Possible (Error in License Check) - DDIC and BCUSER user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I successfully installed ABAP Netweaver 7.3 and used it with DDIC user account for a while and I also activeted and used BCUSER about a 2 months.

Yesterday I tried to login in with BCUSER as always but i got an error message: Logon Not Possible (Error in License Check).

Could you kindly advice me, where could be a problem and how should I solve it?

I would really appreciate any of your kind suggestions.

Thank you, Tereza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Give her a break guys,

she forgot to mention she’s using Netweaver TRIAL for learning purposes. However, if I remember correctly, you need to upload text file with license in SLICENSE within some time (you should be able to obtain info how to do it in readme file). If you did not do it, you probably have to install Netweaver again and do everything from scratch and do it properly . When you upload the license, it is for 90 days I think.

Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lukas very much for your great advice. I do really appreciated it! This is exactly what I need to know..

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I tried to request to SAP Service Portal, but after long searching and cannot finding installation password (which I need for creating USER ID) I directly wrote to service@sap.com and get an answer that i cant register there: You will only be able to access the SAP Service Portal in case you work for a company that pays active support to SAP.

So I asked if there is any other way how to apply for the license and i unfortunately get the same answer, that it is only for company.

Could you kindly advice,if I did something wrongly? And if not how to solved this, so I can continue to learn ABAP?

Many thanks for your kind advices.

Tereza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

you are expecting SAP to give you a license without paying license fees? Good luck with that approach!!

I would think you set up your test system for a company which pays license fees and hence you would register it under their name.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also ..the only way to login to your system is using SAP* user, that's the only user tha will be able to apply a license in your system if you can't do it you will have to enable the usage of this user

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tereza,

You have to install the permanent license in your system.

Run the transaction SLICENSE and check the status of your license.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much too, I will do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

every new installation comes with a temporary license which is time limited.

You have to request a permanent license via the SAP Service Portal.

Once you received the license install it via transaction SLICENSE.

Regards

Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, I will study, what exactly i have to do and I´ll request permanent license.