cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting in foreign currency not allowed for external tax system during sales order creation

ashish_arora6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My requirement is to create billing document in foreign currency i.e. EUR. Currently, document currency is USD coming from customer master.

And as per requirement I changed the customer currency for a specific sales area from USD to EUR. Now when I am trying to create sales order the I got information message "Posting in foreign currency not allowed for external tax system".

But I am able to create sales order, delivery and invoice.

My question why this message is coming what is the impact in our system(SD or FICO).

Please help.

Regards,

Ashish Arora

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish, are you using some external tax system like vertex or sabrix etc to calculate taxes? If yes then definitely you need to look up at business implications for the same if not please confirm. Thanks.

ashish_arora6
Participant
0 Kudos

No, we are not using and thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish, apologies for late reply this standard message FS 885 appears because for that particular country tax calculation procedure has been set. If you're not using tax determination at your end which i believe isn't the case then you can turn this message off by deleting the entry from OBA5 by giving application area as FS and message number as 885 even right now if its a warning it won't cause you any harm. I want you to go through below mentioned document if you're using Taxes for your financials but if you're not using Taxes at this level then there would be no business implications except for exchange rate differences by doing currency change. If you need more clarification on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks.

Taxes Basic Settings - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

Answers (0)