2)Variability Bar

3)EventHorizon

Thanks in Advance

Satish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Area charts are simply line charts with the area under the line filled in with color. They represent a "continuous stacked bar chart".

Variability bar charts are used to show statistical variability of a variable.

EventHorizon charts are similar to a spectral analysis - they show thin colored bars corresponding to different types of events on a time continuum. This is a really cool chart if properly used. I often combine the event horizon showing production alarms/events with a time series chart showing process values to do really cool analysis.

- Rick

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rick,iwill try with it & get back to you.

Thanks in Advance

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I have taken 2 or 3 tags in Query Template & mapped one of the tag query in Value Columns & mapped DateTime in Label Columns.But, i didn't get ,what is the EventType you are talking about.

I am getting some vertical strips now ,but i don't know whether i am correct or not

Thanks in Advance

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You typically wouldn't use tag data in an event horizon chart, you would use event or alarm data coming from (most likely) a SQL query or other source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i took EventHorizon Chart,

i am getting a rectangle kind-of shape under the x and y axis.But in the help portal it is shown some barcode(vertical trips kind of image).And when i am selecting more than 2 or 3 tagqueries those are not reflected in the image.One rectangle with a certain colour is shown.So Can anybody solve this issue

And Can anybody tell in what scenarios we have to go for

1)Area Chart

2)EventHorizonChart

3)VariabilityChart

Thanks in Advance

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does your data look like? The event horizon chart is designed for "events" that include a timestamp and one or more descriptive columns, such as a category, event type, etc.

If your data looks like:

Datetime EventType Machine

1/5/2007 11:53:00 FAULT MIXER

1/5/2007 12:05:00 STOPPAGE MIXER

1/5/2007 12:13:00 FAULT PACKER

1/5/2007 12:18:00 IDLE MIXER

1/5/2007 12:25:00 STOPPAGE PACKER

You can assign the EventType column in your DataMapping to the Label columns (I forget specifically which - try value column if that doesn't work), and your event horizon will create different line colors for each event type. You can even combine multiple columns to create compound events (e.g. MIXER_FAULT, PACKER_STOPPAGE) each of which would get a unique color.

The colors are controlled by the pen color(s) on the pen detail(s) tab.

Best regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick

Those answers are really useful for me

Thanks

Satish