Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Url to Generate - HTTP

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have developed a scenario HTTP->toIDOC in PO 7.4.

As I am using sender HTTP channel, can someone let me know how to generate the url for this and send it to third party so that they can able to send messages to our system.

Also, I need to know how to test the HTTP sender channel using any http client .

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a test client that I can use within PO, due to firewall restrictions, I can't test using online http.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You can try from here:

You set the mandatory fields and the payload.

Regards

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ya Inaki..Good way of testing.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

but this will not confirm whether my url is right or wrong isn't?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam format the URL in the pattern I mentioned and test using SOAP UI.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu

I think there is issues with my firewall. It works fine with using test message. But when i try using HTTP test client, it does not work, probably Firewall issue to reach my PI server.

Is there any other way to test being inside PI where it provides some sort of HTTP test tool?

Regards

Sam

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Is is your PI dual?, you can do the call from ABAP code. However, i don't this will help you. The URL has a simple format like you can write down it from this link Configuring the Java HTTP Adapter on the Sender Channel - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

You can try to download a free sniffer from internet to check if there is any firewall but i would consider to talk with the network team first.

Regards.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Inside PI only option is using test message.

You can try testing with SOAP UI as well.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Only for curiosity, why have you chosen the http_Aae adapter?. I mean, if there is a problem with your sender partner to give another way, it's normal easier in a lot of languages to use SOAP protocol under http. You generate the wsdl and with this file, a lot of languages IDEs have tool to generate automatically code.

Regards,

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Inaki

It is the preference set by the third party as they are comfortable with plain HTTP rather than soap.

Also, the medium of message is going to be only idoc-xml.

Regards

Sam

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

While clicking the display WSDL, I am getting the following errors.

Selected communication channel CCHTTPPOCreateSender is assigned to the wrong adapter type HTTP_AAE Supported adapter types: HTTP, SOAP, XI, WS.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Refer to the path and query string in the below discussion

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu

I just noted two things in the new adapter POST and GET method.

Does the url change based on any of these methods? What is the preferred method and is it chosen by us or the sender?

Regards

Sam

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

URL will not change.

The Sending method can be changed in the HTTP client or SOAP UI.

In your case I guess Post should be perfect,Since your just sending a message to HTTP channel and triggerring an IDOC based on it.

And Get is used to retreive some data.Below link will contain more details on both the methods

HTTP Methods GET vs POST

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu

To give more detail on my scenario, third party will be sending idoc-xml which i need to receive using HTTP sender adapter and that will create an idoc in SAP.

So should i instruct anything to my third party that they should use POST or GET.

Regards

Sam

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Since they are sending the request the method should be post.

Did you try sending using HTTP Client or Soap UI?

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

While clicking the display WSDL, I am getting the following errors.

Selected communication channel CCHTTPPOCreateSender is assigned to the wrong adapter type HTTP_AAE Supported adapter types: HTTP, SOAP, XI, WS.

I don't know which url to use.

Regards

Sam

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Try using the below URL

http://server:port/sap/xi/adapter_plain?namespace=<xxx>&amp;interface=<xxx>&amp;service=<xxx>&amp;sap-user=<xxx>&amp;sap-password=<xxx>&amp;sap-client=<xxx>&amp;sap-language=<xx>

and in the link also there is the HTTP Address mentioned which will be the endpoint to call the HTTP channel.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ragu

The url states to have a user and password. Should we create one for my third party ? Is it needed ?

Also, should i replace only the &amp or the overall one?

Can you give an example how to replace the namespace with urn:sap-com:document:sap:idoc:messages?

Regards

Sam

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

I am not sure on the username/password,It should be PI communication user.Try with ur user and communication user using test tools.

for URL Construction yes replace the &amp with the actual values.

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to ICO -> Display WSDL

Online you will get HTTP client.It looks like as below: