Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP personas 3 on IPAD

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I wanted to enquire if SAP Personas 3 works well on IPAD.

Do we need to do any special setup or its just like opening it in the browser. According to an article Myth vs Truth .

"https://www.sap.com/bin/sapcom/en_us/downloadasset.2014-04-apr-29-17.sap-screen-personas-myths-versu..."

it says "Currently, you can run some limited scenarios on an iPad."

Do we have a clear instructions or guidelines over it.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Singh,

Please bear  in mind the restrictions on using Personas..

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2050838

• Runtime
    • Not supported: IE9, IE8 and earlier; Due to Microsoft support strategy support of IE10 is limited to OS which do not allow an upgrade to IE11.
    • For IE11 please also consider SAP Note 2163772
    • All other Desktop Browsers are supported as published in PAM (IE11, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari - on MacOS) are supported with SAP Screen Personas in their recent versions.
  • Please note that at this point mobile browsers are not supported.
  • Availability of features and performance of some features may vary depending on browser choice and operating system.

Regards,

Jude

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

As Screen Personas runs through the webgui which is entirely HTML based, then you can run pretty much everything. However rendering looks different and also obviously buttons and input fields are smaller with the fingers as compared to for example fiori screens.

Stuff like upload and download will struggle. But i can't think of much else that shouldn't be able to run.

former_member195748
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jakob,

Thanks, i totally agree with you , and thats what my understanding is. What I am wondering is, is Personas optimized to run on IPAD, or no special optmimization is there and its a normal web page.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the Web gui isn't responsive, so not optimised at all. Hopefully that will be a feature in the future. But don't expect it right now.

If you want help on an assessment on your landscape and possibilities. Send me a private message or email.