cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error SM59 test - RFC - SAP PI

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm creating a new Syc integration RFC mode.

An error occurs  when I'm testing in SM59 (ECC side):

below, my configurations:

SM59 in ECC side:

Communication Channel:

SLD/Administration/settings:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Here are the checkpoints-

1. are you using single stack SAP PI 7.4 system?

2. If yes, can you please go to NWA-> JCO Monitor and see if you can find any entry with your program ID ?

3. if the above holds true, then go to ECC and go to tcode SMGW-> click go to -> select logged on clients?

4. in the logged in clients if you can find your program ID then, in your RFC channel keep the gateway server and service as blank and save and test. You should get successful result.

5. If the 3rd point is not satisfied that is in logged on clients there is no program id (the program id you mentioned in channel), then clearly the program id is still present only on PI system gateway and PI will be having security restrictions not allowing ECC to find program id at PI's gateway.

Let me hear from you on results of above points, then we can know more at where to look.

Regards,

Vikas

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio,

Did you register your programm ID in gateway?

Go to SMGW in SAP ECC system and check the logged in clients.

Please refer the below note

Note 353597 - Registering RFC server programs

CPIC return code 748 means "Access to registered server denied".

Below thread will help you to resolve your issue.

SLD connection does not work | SCN

Note 1976188:748 not found error creating PI RFC's SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabio

Before answering your query, just wondering any particular reason for going for RFC for the sender adapter. IMHO, ABAP proxy would be a better choice.

Anyway, for your error, can you confirm if you are having a single stack or dual stack system?

If I am no mistaken, to establish sender RFC connectivity, the gateway for the registered program needs to be on an ABAP stack. Generally, the recommendation is to use the gateway on the application/backend system, i.e. ECC system. You can read up the following interesting discussion on this that mentions the possibility to have it on the PI system (but the reference note do mention it has to be on an ABAP stack).

Regards

Eng Swee