cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP's for Persons

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have users in our organization that may have multiple ID's.  BP's are created on the SRM side based on the permanent residence.  However, if the same permanent residence exists (which I would think it would), another BP cannot be created.  How can we set up users in SRM with multiple ID's?  For example, I may have a user ID in Department A.  This is brought over to SRM and creates a BP.  I will be helping out another department temporarily so another ID is created in Department B.  Because the BP already exists, it overwrites the primary ID with the second ID.

Monique Stephens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Stephens,

BP's are created for the users when you configure user in the SRM Organization structure.

In your case if user X created in the srm organization structure with some abcd business partner num ber, then again if you try to add same ussr id X in the Org structure in some other place it creates with some other business partner number(this makes the redundancy and confusion).

but based on country and company code the users are assigned in the organization structure in their respective countries as single id as approvers or requester and buyers, this clearly says the users belongs to which country.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandramouli.

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are not adding the same user ID with different business partners in SRM.  User 1 and User 2 will have different ID's but are the same person.  I think that is what is confusing the SRM org structure side.  User 1 and User 2 will have unique ID's, position numbers, and employee ID #'s.  But, because they have the same home address, the SRM org structure side thinks they are one and the same.

Everyone is in the same country/company code.