cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trigger movement type in IM after Executing movement type in WM

0 Kudos

Hi:

Usually in WM movement type is triggered after someone executes a movement type such as 311 in IM then a TO gets created in WM execute , is there away to trigger a movement type in WM first which would trigger a movement type in IM?

Example if I create a PCN via LU01 or create a TO via LT01 and go through the process of confirmation is there away to trigger a movement in IM?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

so can LQ02 trigger 311 movement type for example in IM? What configuration is needed?

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Probably there is a small misunderstanding. 311 IM movement type is storage location to storage location. This is not handled with LQ02, the correct transaction is LQ01.

The customizing settings in this case are not in Define posting changes, but in Define Storage Location Control (again in Interfaces->Inventory management).

I have done something similar - create TO for moving material quantity from storage type AAA Bin AAAA and storage location A001 to bin BBBB in storage type BBB and storage location B001. Immediately at TO confirmation in the background a material document is created, which posts the movement to a different storage location.

This definitely works for non-storage unit managed storage types, but you need to ensure that the user confirming the transfer orders has authorization to post the material document, that the period is open and so on, otherwise you will have to process the MM part manually via LQ01. There could be some impact on performance (one of the reasons why there is an option to schedule a job for RLLQ0100).

Check with the client for what purpose they use these two storage locations. In certain cases the company would prefer to have LQ01 processed manually by a person from a different department (e.g. if they use different storage locations for products in quarantine and released for sales).

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Veselina, if your requirement is to perform the 311-Sloc to Sloc then you need to follow the suggestion mentioned by her in her thread.

LQ02 can be used only for stock category and special stock indicator If you are planning to initiate in WM and finish in IM

also I belive below mentioned existing thread will be useful for you to refer the setting for storage location control referance

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3548165

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Veselina:

Thanks for the info.  Just want to clarify this is only if the receiving storage location is managed with WM?  The reason I ask that is b/c under "Control of assignment "plant/ Stor.Loc.-Warehouse Number" does not allow to add additional entry, only the storage location that is attached to the warehouse has the entry in this table.

Also are there other transactions like 315 or 415 can be handled in WM first then in IM similar to the process you are talking about?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The posting change can be initiated first in WM and then it automatically posted in IM too, you can use LQ02 which Manish has mentioned, but for that too you have to do some configuration. Remember some posting change has to be posted in IM/QM first, like if you have inspection lot then usage decision has to be done in QM (QA32) then only it can be processed in WM.

BR

Kamlakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to trigger any IM movement type against the WM activity? I think there is no standard configuration for that.

Regards,

Pritt

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are specific to Posting change then try T-code LQ02 which perform the activity first in WM and then IM