cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process a soap-fault message in the calling ABAP

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am calling a Web Service with request, response and fault message types defined by its wsdl.

I am using the soap receiver adapter to call the web service.

In some cases the web service doesnt deliver the errors through the fault message defined in wsdl, but simply by a general soap fault.

I need to forward the text from the general soap fault to the calling abap program.

Does anybody have an idea how to do that?

Thanks and Regards

Armin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Armin

First of all, did you define a fault message type for both sender and receiver service interface, and linked them via a fault mapping in an Operation Mapping?

If you already did that, can you try adding the TraceHTTP parameter in your SOAP receiver channel as described in the blog below.

Once you have done that, can you share screenshot of the HTTP response in the Log Viewer? In particular, I would like to see the actual SOAP response from the web service when the error occurs. This is because section 7 of SAP Note 856597 - SOAP adapter FAQ mentions that only if the fault detail element is available in the response, then a fault payload will be returned. If it is not available, then a system error is generated instead.

Regards

Eng Swee

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

Refer the below links