cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while parsing PI response (HTTP status code 200 received, but an error occurred while parsing the responce. No XI response received.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This error seems common but somehow no information out there could help resolve it so I decided to start a new discussion and I intend when this gets eventually resolved to post a step by step checklist to help resolve the error. I have tried several ways, checked my error log, adapter configuration, design objects in ESR, Configuration Scenarios in Integration Director; It all seems fine. My PI version is 7.4 dual stack.

Common suggestions have been;

1. 1. Restart the PI Server
  2. 2. Check the Channel monitor, in our case the channel is active and green but after a service test in WS Navigator fails it tunes red. Same thing happens using SOAPUI.
  3. 3. Make a change in in the Communication Channel ans active again
  4. 4. Check CTA cache and configuration

The error from WS Navigator is:

Web service returned error. Fault Code: "(http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/)Server" Fault String: "Server Error"

<SOAP:Envelope xmlns:SOAP='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/'>

<SOAP:Body>

<SOAP:Fault>

<faultcode>SOAP:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>Server Error</faultstring>

<detail>

<s:SystemError xmlns:s='http://sap.com/xi/WebService/xi2.0'>

<context>XIAdapter</context>

<code>ADAPTER.JAVA_EXCEPTION</code>

<text><![CDATA[

1. com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: XIAdapter:SYSTEM_FAILURE_INTERNAL::::::An internal error has occurred

at com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.web.SOAPHandler.processSOAPtoXMB(SOAPHandler.java:746)

at com.sap.aii.adapter.soap.web.MessageServlet.doPost(MessageServlet.java:530)

The Message Monitor error log is: 

Error while parsing PI response (HTTP status code 200 received, but an error occurred while parsing the responce. No XI response received.)

Error Category :     XI_J2EE_ADAPTER_XI_HANDLER

Error Code       :     ERROR_PARSING_PI_RESPONSE

Quality of Service  BE

The Trace Log Viewer error is:

Failed

Start Time:

3/4/16 5:13:37 PM WAT

Direction:

Outbound

Interface:

{urn:XXXXX}si_full_auth_abs

Connectivity Type:

WS

Call ID:

-5923b422:15342076bae:-7fe2

createRequest

callBackend

parseFault

Error:

Server Error
[EXCEPTION]
com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.SOAPFaultException: Server Error
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.processFault(SOAPTransportBinding.java:2087)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.call_SOAP(SOAPTransportBinding.java:1422)
at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.espbase.client.bindings.impl.SOAPTransportBinding.callWOLogging(SOAPTransportBinding.java:997)

This is a major setback, any suggestions to help resolve the error will be highly appreciated. I hope someone has come across this error in this forum before.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwen,

The problem that is rasing in your PI could be at any element format. In some system if you set for example a date with an incorrect format, this message raise an exception in that system. You should contact with the endpoint developer to provide you an example to compare with your request.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Inaki,

I am the endpoint developer. I developed all the ESR, DI and SLD objects.

This scenario is working in DEV. Note its a simple SOAP call using a sender agreement. And the sender client is WS Navigator, so its not a system to system direct call.

I did all the development in DEV, I created all the data types or message types. So I don't think that is an issue, except if I am not getting you right.

To be honest the error is strange, especially since both systems are at the same state. We have compared the config on both systems.

Are there specific config for the Adapter types after installation?

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uwem Ekanem wrote:

I just moved my first Integration Scenarios to QAS and when I tried testing QAS I got the error as reported in my post.

Is it the case, that those are your VERY FIRST QAS scenarios, and they all fail? Or do you have already running "SOAP --> PI --> Whatever" Scenarios.

Do you have any errors within SXMB_MONI? Sorry if you already stated and I overlooked that.

Your Scenario is what exactly? SomeEndpoint (SOAP) --> PI --> SomeEndpoint (?)

Thanks and kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens Schwendemann wrote:

Is it the case, that those are your VERY FIRST QAS scenarios, and they all fail? Or do you have already running "SOAP --> PI --> Whatever" Scenarios.

Do you have any errors within SXMB_MONI? Sorry if you already stated and I overlooked that.

Your Scenario is what exactly? SomeEndpoint (SOAP) --> PI --> SomeEndpoint (?)

Thanks and kind regards

Hi Jens,

1. Yes to question one, The scenarios are related so I can't import the next Integration Scenario until I get the first working. So for now its the first scenario.

2. Yes. See error "Error in BPE Adapter Processing" See inserted image

Detail error below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!--

Call Adapter

--> 

- <SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="BPE_ADAPTER">SYSTEM_FAILURE_INTERNAL</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>An internal error has occurred</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>N</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

3. Scenario is SOAP call -> PI -> ECC Backend

The call should be from a web browser or in our case during development from SOAPUI or WS Navigator.

I have two action TODO while I wait for response and advice.

1. I will delete all Integration Director objects and export and import them again.

2. If that fails I am scared I might have to ask the BASIS team to uninstall and reinstall PI QAS, without using the default client during installation. The default client the system used during installation is 001, while that wasn't the case in DEV.

I could see that most destination were created on client 001, destinations like INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI. This conflict does not exist in DEV which Initial Configuration and installation was done using client 200 instead of the default client.

Kind Regards,

Uwem.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, maybe we're getting there

Uwem Ekanem wrote:

2. Yes. See error "Error in BPE Adapter Processing" See inserted image

So this is an excerpt of your PIs SXMB_MONI, right? What is the adapter type of  ECC side of the interface. Is it Proxy (XI), RFC or other? If Proxy, maybe there's also an error  in SXMB_MONI of your  ECC system.

I also found this note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1373738 and while that of  course is  fixed in your PI version, the underlying problem could be of some significance for you, too.

Prerequisite of the problem is that an underlying subsystem is not able to successfully send the acknowledgment, e. g. due to SLD not responding or other stability issues.

So you could check if your process does request acknowledgements and if so, turn it off and see if the error does dissapear.

You could also run "SWF_XI_CUSTOMIZING" in  PI, though I don't know if that's still valid, as I don't use BPE

Cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is now resolved, about 2 days ago but I was too busy to post the checklist. Note, this error is on PI 7.4

Step by step check list to resolve this issue - (If you have the scenario working in DEV but get this error in QAS after transport by File or using CTS+, in our case using both);

If this is the first export from DEV to QAS check step 1, 2, and 4 is very important.

1. Check That all PI applications and Adapter settings are correct, including all post installation configuration - BASIS Administrator

2. Check ABAP-Proxy Integration (SPROXY), Setting for RFC Adapter (SM59), Setting for IDoc Adapter; depending on your scenario

3. Check the Channel monitor  http://host:port/nwa ; SOA->Monitor->Communication Channel Monitor, If communication channel is red check channel in ID(Integration Directory) and make necessary changes. Also ensure the channel is active in the Advance tab of channel editor (you might need to restart PI server after changes or wait for a few minutes to see the channel turn green)

4. If error persist, do the following in QAS: (Prerequisite - ensure CTS+ is configured)

4a. Delete all ID design objects

4b. Delete all ESR design objects

4c, Do not export SAP Imported Objects(IDOC & RFC) from PI DEV to PI QAS in ESR. Instead Import objects directly from the QAS backend system for PI QAS ESR. Example; PI DEV connects with backend system DEV client 200 and PI QAS connects with backend system QAS client 300.

4d. Export all other ESR objects from DEV using CTS+ or File to QAS

4e. Export ID objects from DEV to QAS

4f. If you have RFC channel, enter the logon details to QAS backend client

5. If error persist, create a ticket with SAP and setup XPI Inspector. See Jens comment below:

XPI Inspector to the rescue:

Michal's PI tips: XPI inspector - help OSS and yourself

Using XPI Inspector to troubleshoot HTTP SSL connections (Part 1 - Server Authentication)

I appreciate all your contributions towards resolving this error.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to have been of some assistance. Cheers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XPI Inspector to the rescue:

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes as suggested by Jens XPI is good option as well.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes as suggested by Jens check with XPI,Missed that point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thanks for this, I will setup XPI Inspector and then get back to you.

I really need to resolve this error ASAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

I have the trace zip file from XPI Inspector. It's a very helpful tool. Consolidating all the error and trace log.

However, it did collect security related data like the IP address of the PI server so I can't share the file here. I will create an OSS ticket with SAP.

I can see all the errors I saw in Message Monitor and Log Viewer.

Any advice for me, or suggestions on how to resolve this issue, the error is basically the same.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello UWEM,

When the Call is successfully made from DEV,QAS should not be an issue. Both the boxes are in same SP and  same patches in both?

Make sure the certificates are imported same like DEV.

I guess some setting is missed in Quality which is done in DEV. Cross check with basis once.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I addition to what said, pay close attention to possible warning outputs before the error within XPI Inspector logs, maybe also this (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/de/6b/f6b4cb19324651811de8c4647c0b69/content.htm) could help you find any differences between DEV and QAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jen.

The BASIS consultant has been looking into it as well.

What does this warning mean? It seems to repeat itself and right before the error it appears again with the message:

"No Information Available for Audit Key : SOAP: Call failed: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: XIAdapter:SYSTEM"

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That shouldn't really bother you. Seems like SAP missed some entry for an audit key. That are the elements that make up the audig log.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uwem,

Are you trying to make a Soap Call?

1.Try once in SOAP UI.

2.In case of  certificate based authentication make sure neccessary certifciates are in place.

3.Make sure firewall/port enabled.

4.Check for proxy settings.

And after doing changes start/stop the channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Raghuranman,

Thanks. Now a few questions for you.

I have used SOAPUI. Note, I have this Service Interface running smoothly in DEV. I just moved my first Integration Scenarios to QAS and when I tried testing QAS I got the error as reported in my post.

Also do you mean disable Firewall and Enable Port. This we have done on the PI Server already. I don't think the proxy is the problem either as PI DEV is working properly even with proxy setting in the network.

I also have stopped and restarted the Channel severally. Made changes and ensure its green before testing again each time it comes back with the same error. All the ESR objects and ID objects are correct and active.

I will setup XPI inspector in a bit.