cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: Illegal value "" for attribute SEGMENT in <EDI_DC40 SEGMENT="1"> tag within IDoc-XML for type <IDOC type>: state=READING_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE,

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have recently migrated to PO from PI 7.1.

In a scenario of file to IDOC i am facing below error

IDOC_ERROR_PARSE_FAILURE: Illegal value "" for attribute SEGMENT in <EDI_DC40 SEGMENT="1"> tag within IDoc-XML for type <GLMAST02>: state=READING_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE, charPosition=99, lineNumber=1, columnNumber=100

but i do accept that the feild SEGMENT has been mapped with "NULL", but the same scenario is working in SAP PI 7.1 with the same mapping

Can you please let me know how does it works even though mandatory EDIDC40 feilds missing?

THanks in advance

Regards:

Sai Chaithanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions, Issue has been resolved.

Issue has been resolved by changing the Date transformation from "mmyydd" to YYYYMMDD.

Thanks

Sai Chaithanya

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Have you imported the IDoc you want to migrate? And have you configured the IDOC_AAE channel?

Can you please tell me, how you migrated this scenario? I mean the ESR content might have been migrated using the .tpz file, but have you migrated the ID contents using migration toolkit?

Regards,

Nitin

0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Yes, we have used ID cockpit for migrating of objects.

and also IDOC_AAE channel has been configured for the same

Chaithanya

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

It seems like because of your PI version where the empty strings are not inserted.Apply the note in the below discussion and check.In PI 7.1 it should be added by default.Can you please tell the exact field in EDIDC40.

0 Kudos

Hi Sitharan,

The feilds which are sending as empty string are

EDI_DC40--Segment
EDI_DC40-SNDPOR

Thanks

Chaithanya

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

If the above fields are updated with Null value then I guess the empty string insertion should be the problem.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Map all the SEGMENT attribute in idoc to constant 1.

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Yes you are right,Control record segment and its feild should be mapped. But the thing here is they were working even without mapping of those feilds.

I had contacted my team with the same query they have mentioned me like there will be some setting at JDK level which will ignore those feilds automatacilly filled up at ECC end.

I just want what is the dependent of JDK over here and how they are really configured to get automatically filled up at ECC end.

Thanks

Sai Chaithanya

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

In case if you have maintained "take control-record/sender/receiver from payload" in receiver IDOC_AAE channel then its mandatory that you need to generate the control segment values in mapping only(incase source system isn't sending )  and addition to this the attributes of control segment and also the data segment has to be mapped to '1'.

Br,

Manoj