cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Balancing ACSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured load balancing and when the Fiori webpage loads, we use the ASCS SAP Virtual service in the webpage to load the page.

We currently have 2 servers.

The load balancing by itself works fine. But the issue we are facing is as below.

We have a requirement that is a user logs in the application, before he logs out, we save his user preferences and the last page he was browsing in a cookie. So, that the next time the user logs in into the same machine, we get him to the last page where the user had left.

The issue now is

1. The user logs in using the load balancer url, the url randomly accesses the app server1 and the user is logging off by visiting Page A in the application.
  1. The second time the user logs in using the load balance url, the url randomly accesses the app server2 and the user does not see the Page A he had visited last time and he is sent to the default app page and the user logs off from Page B.
  2. The third time when the user logs in using the load balance url, the url randomly accesses the app server1, Page A is visible to him.

My understanding is when we use the load balancing, the address on the webpage changes based on the server it connects to.. so, based on the server name the cookie gets stored.

For now, After the load balancing has been configured, I'm using the ASCS based web address to launch the Fiori app, but once  I hit enter, then based on the load balance routing algorithms/traffic , I'm being randomly pushed to app server 1 or app server 2 and my web address link changes to explicitly show which server I'm pointed to(the app server 1 or app server 2) in the web address

Is there an option where we can get static webpage address/load balancing generic address, that does not get changed based on the server it connects to?

Thanks,

Shahid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Shahid,

The load balance behavior you described (using the ASCS) is the normal and expected behavior.

There are no settings you can adjust to change it.

The solution is to install an SAP Web Dispatcher "in front" of the system.

See the SAP note 1040325.

If you do not want to use the SAP Web Dispatcher, then you have to use a third party load balancer.

Notice that SAP does not provide support for third party load balancers.

Thus, if a load balancing related issue occurs, you would have to contact the support team of the load balancer directly.

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP ASCS instance contains unique components (enqueue server and message server) which can't run more than one in an SAP System.

Hence you are not able to use any kind of load balancing if you are going to access ASCS-specific functionality.

Peter