Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum ERP source release for migration to HANA without upgrade

mstitsel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I read mixed messages about the minimum ERP source release to be able to migrate to HANA without upgrade.

Sometimes I read that ERP 6.0 EHP7 is needed, but in the PAM I also see that EHP6 is supported.

In PAM currently online I see:

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/ssp/infopages/pam-essentials/Upgrade_Suite7i2011_hana.pd...

So my basis question: if my source release is ERP 6.0 EHP6, can I migrate to HANA with export/import without upgrade.

Thanks and best regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also check this SAP Note:

1768031 - SAP EHP 6 for SAP ERP 6.0, version for SAP HANA

EHP6 on HANA it was the first try to bring HANA DB to the ERP. I think that SAP no longer recommends customers to go this way.

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

The source:

In the sap note mentioned earlier, this 3 point´s are very important:

• SAP enhancement package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0, version for SAP HANA is technically an enhancement package, however it is not part of the release sequence of EHPs of SAP ERP.

• It is an optional intermediate step for early adopters on their way to SAP HANA.

• Please consider that some industry solutions, add-ons or functions will not be supported with SAP enhancement package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0, version for SAP HANA. This release is a product outside the release sequence of SAP ERP.

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco.

Following the latest documentation, you have to go to EHP7.

The Upgrade and data migration is done by DMO tool.

Regards,

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

mstitsel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Osvaldo,

Can you point out where you have found this document or what the source document is?

I found my information on PAM and I always think this is the place to go.

I want to be sure, because a SUM DMO is more effort than an export/import (both technically and functionally).

Thanks,

Marco