cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I consum an external OData V4 service with SAP NW Gateway 7.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm using a SAP Netweaver Gateway 7.5 SP1. I need to create an odata service in SAP NWG from an external odata V4 resource. If tried to generate the service with the OData Service Generator for OSCI (/IWBEP/OCI_SRV_GEN) and even with the eCATT OData Wizard (SECATT_ODATA). Both transactions can't handle the V4.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tim,

OSCI Supports only consumption of V2 OData service. So you can not consume any V4 OData service using OSCI.

Gateway will support OData V4 soon, but OSCI will not support V4 at least in the initial stages.

Regards

Atanu 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Atanu,

do you know if it will be possible to connect an external OData V4 service with transaction SEGW. E.g. by uploading the $metadata file manually?

I know that the OSCI support usually needs a lot of time, but what is with e.g. with SECATT_ODATA or any other transaction that might helps to do the trick? Is there any chance that it will be possible to connect an  external OData V4 service in 2016 without (or at least very little) additional ABAP coding?

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure about SECATT_ODATA, but from gateway you will not be able to use any mechanism to utilize the V4 Odata at this moment.    You need to wait till Gateway supports OData V4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, I've got it that it's not possible -yet-. What I meant was: Will the Gateway be able to read OData V4 from other resources, or will it only be able to produce OData V4 for other clients?

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the first step Gateway will only produce OData V4.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Consuming an external odata is now available in tcode SEGW. GAteway Service Builder.

/IWBEP/OCI_SRV_GEN is now obselete.

Regards

Gaurav Ahluwalia

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

As per the comment of Andre here OData v4 is n't shipped yet in Netweaver version 7.5 . It seems to be in road map of the product.

Regards

Virinchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Virinchy,

thanks to your link I found a webinar from Andre Fischer where he said that OData V4 will be shipped soon.