cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Populate IOForecast from ConsensusDemand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to implement an E2E scenario comprising of Demand, Inventory and Supply but I am not able to populate IO Forecast with values of Consensus Demand.

The ConsensusDemand KF is at PerProdCust level while IOForecast is at PerProdLocCustGroup Level.

Can anyone please help me with the probable configurations in this?

Regards,

Indaarjit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

You need to make IOFORECAST a calculated key figure at PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP base planning.

Set IOFORECAST@PERPRODLOCCUST = CONSENSUDEMAND@PERPRODCUST * CRATIO@PERPRODLOCCUST (i dont exactly remember the planning level for CRATIO).

Set IOFORECAST@PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP = SUM(IOFORECAST@PERPRODLOCCUST)

Set request level as sum of the IOFORECAST@PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP (calculated value and not stored).

Make sure your PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP, PERPRODCUST  and PERPRODLOCCUST  are consistent so that you can do the multiplication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul,

I have tried your steps but I am getting an error message "The planning level used for the output key figure should be a subset of the input planning level." while trying out Step 2.

Can you please suggest what might be causing the issue?

Regards,

Indaarjit

0 Kudos

You need to make sure that all attributes that are checked in the output key figure planning level (Per Prod Loc Cust) are included either in PERPRODCUST (consensusdemand planning level)  or PERPRODLOCCUST (cratio planning level). You have at least one attribute which doesnt meet this criteria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I am facing the said Error Message while trying to define the following step:

Set IOFORECAST@PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP = SUM(IOFORECAST@PERPRODLOCCUST)

All The other steps has been successfully implemented.

Does it has anything to do with hierarchy? What do I need to do to ensure that PerProdlocCustGroup is in the hierarchy of PerProdLocCust?

Regards,

0 Kudos

Its the same issue. You have an attribute checked in the PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP planning level that is not checked in the PERPRODLOCCUST planning level.

The planning level on the left has to be a subset of the join of the planning levels on the right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the guidance. I was successful in implementing the thing you had mentioned but I am not able to see the Consensus Data replicated in the IOForecast.

Can you please tell me if I am missing anything?

Regards,

Indaarjit

0 Kudos

Few things to check:

1. Did you populate CRATIO key figure?

2. Check your IOFORECAST@REQUEST calculation. In the sum formula did you make sure to uncheck IOFORECAST@PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP as stored since it is no longer stored but a calculated key figure?

3. Did you mark IOFORECAST as calculated in the base planning level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indaarjit,

Please start a new thread for your new issue.

Questions asked in solved thread may hide issue which other users might be face.

Thanks, Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks. We were at last successful in populating IOForecast KF with Consensus Demand Information. CRATIO was the missing link in this.

Regards,

Indaarjit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indaarjit,

If CustGroup is also assigned in PerProdCust plevel then you can try below step-

1) Create a stored key figure KF1@PerProdCustGroup level and define a copy operator from Source kf Consensus demand to KF1. You will get the aggregated consensus demand in KF1 at product-customer group level.

2) Define a calculation: IOForecast@PerProdLocCustGroup = KF1@PerProdCustGroup ----- input KF1 and any key figures @PerProdLoc level. This will create an internal join to make output planning level as union of input levels.

Make sure that the key figure @PerProdLoc has valid combinations for products which are present in KF1@PerProdCustGroup for join to work.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rohit. I have created a new PL PERPRODCUSTGROUP and attached KF1 there having calculation as SUM of ConsensusDemand@PERPRODCUST. This worked well.

But whenever I am trying to do step 2, I am getting an error message: "The union of attributes of all input planning levels should be equal to all attributes of output planning level.". I have ensured that the product combinations are present and have selected the KF accordingly.

Can you please tell me, if I am missing out some thing vital which is creating this issue?

The definition of PL PERPRODLOCCUSTGROUP in my PA is exactly as per the definition in SAP3.

Regards,

Indaarjit